09-26-2011, 12:54 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My brand new rig wont boot. This is my first build so lay off. I installed all the parts the right way, but when I power on the motherboard, I dont see the bios boot on the monitor. I connected my old CD/DVD drive and tried to boot u the disk that came with the mobo, but still nothing shows up. All the fans work, the LED's work, even the CPU heats up, but I dont see the BIOS boot on the screen. My monitor says it has no signal. I have a kind of old LCD monitor and it connects using VGA. I have onboard graphics. Here are my parts. Should I RMA? Are my onboard graphics dead? I do plan on buying a graphics card in the future.

You must login or register to view this content.

PS, I am aware of the typo in the title I did this fast
09-27-2011, 01:09 AM #2
Winning
Former Staff
Is the 4 pin plugged in?
09-27-2011, 01:47 AM #3
Yes the 4 pin is plugged in. I RMAd it today. Cant quote on ps3.
09-27-2011, 02:03 AM #4
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Is everything compatible with one another?

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

Booshykins
09-27-2011, 02:09 AM #5
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
Is everything compatible with one another?

I've just checked. Everything works out fine.

4-pin connector; Is it plugged in CORRECTLY? (Does each slot match the shape/ is there more than one connector on the PSU?)
24-pin ATX connector... well... since it's turning on, I'm assuming yes. :p
Everything from the case is hooked up to the motherboard? (This almost definitely is not the issue, but I'd check any way)

The following user thanked Booshykins for this useful post:

ChillChiefly96
09-27-2011, 02:12 AM #6
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Collin
I've just checked. Everything works out fine.

4-pin connector; Is it plugged in CORRECTLY? (Does each slot match the shape/ is there more than one connector on the PSU?)
24-pin ATX connector... well... since it's turning on, I'm assuming yes. :p
Everything from the case is hooked up to the motherboard? (This almost definitely is not the issue, but I'd check any way)

If everything is hooked up then I am stumped. :/
09-27-2011, 02:47 AM #7
Guys i RMA'd the mobo so we'kll see in week if the graphics are dead. Thanks for all the help. Also, my psu has two 4 pin connectors. Tried em both before i sent it in. One more thing, i connected the mobo speaker, and it makes a continueous beeping noise with the beeps close together.
09-27-2011, 10:58 AM #8
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by BlackOpsPost View Post
Guys i RMA'd the mobo so we'kll see in week if the graphics are dead. Thanks for all the help. Also, my psu has two 4 pin connectors. Tried em both before i sent it in. One more thing, i connected the mobo speaker, and it makes a continueous beeping noise with the beeps close together.

Do you remember how many? Because you really should have looked the BIOS POST beep codes up before assuming that the motherboard was the issue. It could have been your RAM, or even your Processor.
09-27-2011, 11:37 PM #9
I looked them up yesterday and supposably its my ram or video. Its just the same beep over and over and over again. Its not much of a code since the pitch stays the same. I tried different ram placement also.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo