11-20-2012, 11:48 PM #1
ivisionz
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm getting two 7970's soon and I'm gonna run them in crossfire. Will this PSU You must login or register to view this content. support these two 7970's You must login or register to view this content. in crossfire. Here are my other specs
mobo You must login or register to view this content.
cpu oc'd 4.2 ghz You must login or register to view this content.
ram You must login or register to view this content.
cooler You must login or register to view this content.
case You must login or register to view this content.
11-20-2012, 11:55 PM #2
Yes, easily. You could even drop down to 750w if you wanted to save some money.

The following user thanked FlyingIrishMan for this useful post:

ivisionz
11-21-2012, 12:01 AM #3
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
Yes, easily. You could even drop down to 750w if you wanted to save some money.

Do you think if i OC'd the 7970's the 850watt would still power them okay? I might OC my i7 further too. Im sure with my liquid cooler i could get my i7 too at least 4.8ghz
11-21-2012, 12:44 AM #4
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
Do you think if i OC'd the 7970's the 850watt would still power them okay? I might OC my i7 further too. Im sure with my liquid cooler i could get my i7 too at least 4.8ghz

Yes, you could OC both cards with 850w, you'd probably be able to do it with the 750w one too, but it might be cutting it close. If you have plans for major overclocking of the GPUs, and CPU go for the 850w.

The following 2 users say thank you to FlyingIrishMan for this useful post:

Cien, ivisionz
11-21-2012, 01:12 AM #5
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
Yes, you could OC both cards with 850w, you'd probably be able to do it with the 750w one too, but it might be cutting it close. If you have plans for major overclocking of the GPUs, and CPU go for the 850w.

Okay thanks man.
11-21-2012, 02:47 AM #6
Millz
Worth the Weight
I would personally stick with the one you have listed. A little bit of headroom is not a bad thing. You should be easily able to fit all of that in that PSU that you have listed. Having a little bit of headroom is also good for the longevity of the parts themselves, and it puts less stress on the PSU.

Seasonic is my #1 brand when it comes to PSUs. They are incredibly reliable, and are not cheap whatsoever.

The following 2 users say thank you to Millz for this useful post:

ivisionz, Toke
11-21-2012, 03:48 AM #7
ivisionz
Gym leader
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
I would personally stick with the one you have listed. A little bit of headroom is not a bad thing. You should be easily able to fit all of that in that PSU that you have listed. Having a little bit of headroom is also good for the longevity of the parts themselves, and it puts less stress on the PSU.

Seasonic is my #1 brand when it comes to PSUs. They are incredibly reliable, and are not cheap whatsoever.

I've heard Seasonic is the best that's why I bought one Smile
11-21-2012, 05:33 AM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
seasonic is the best. corsair has some good ones but seasonic makes the expensive corsair ones :fa:
11-23-2012, 03:10 AM #9
ivisionz
Gym leader
Decided to go with a GTX 690 instead because I got more money than I though for some stuff I sold.
11-27-2012, 03:04 PM #10
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by ivisionz View Post
I'm getting two 7970's soon and I'm gonna run them in crossfire. Will this PSU You must login or register to view this content. support these two 7970's You must login or register to view this content. in crossfire. Here are my other specs
mobo You must login or register to view this content.
cpu oc'd 4.2 ghz You must login or register to view this content.
ram You must login or register to view this content.
cooler You must login or register to view this content.
case You must login or register to view this content.

Have you thought about watercooling your pc?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo