01-27-2013, 05:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What do u guys think AMD or Intel
01-27-2013, 06:42 AM #2
panzernacker
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by xIndiana
What do u guys think AMD or Intel

AMD just cant go pass the value for money and they are getting better, yes intel high end chips are better but cost way too much well they do here, even the next gen of console are going AMD so must be good for something Smile
01-27-2013, 05:37 PM #3
Claptrap
Do a barrel roll!
I've always considered AMD to be the little brother that's trying to catch up to Intel.
If I personally was making a build I would go with Intel.

Most commonly suggested processor is the Intel i5-3570k for gaming rigs right now because it has amazing value. Great power for the money. That being said- I don't have any friends in real life who run with it.

If you are willing to shell out an extra $100 you can upgrade that to the i7-3770k. Its more or less the same as the i5 but it allows for multithreading meaning that the 4 cores show up as 8 to do more tasks simultaneously. Although the game list that is capable of using its full potential is small, we are headed that way. For the extra $100 you get a bit more furtureproofing and better multitasking.

Although I've seen compelling arguments that if you're thinking of making a gaming rig with the i5-3570K, you might be interested in the AMD FX-8350. From what I've seen the Intel chip does better in some games but the AMD does better in a few more and is also better at streaming. Also Intel is pricey- not just in their processors but the other components too. You get more features per dollar on an AMD motherboard than you would on the Intels, in general, of course there will be many exceptions.

As far as future-proofing- I'm sorry but I have no idea. The best I can say is that I think I may have read somewhere that the AMD bottlenecks before its Intel counterpart. But as with current times, if you are just gaming either is really enough.

Originally posted by panzernacker View Post
AMD just cant go pass the value for money and they are getting better, yes intel high end chips are better but cost way too much well they do here, even the next gen of console are going AMD so must be good for something Smile

Yes this is very interesting that the next generation consoles are going to have AMD processors. As far as I can remember, most of the big consoles to date have been running PowerPC chipsets with the only exception that comes to mind being the original xbox which had an Intel processor.

I hope this actually helped give you some insight rather than just confusing you more. I tried to keep an unbiased view between the two even though I personally am siding on the Intel side .
01-28-2013, 01:14 AM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
intel if your at a $120 range the i3 3220 decimates all the 6 core but if down at under $100 a phenome 2 x4 965 is really good

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

the FX all need 990fx or 970 motherboards and a decent one is $110

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

they're running low power AMD apus to cut cost but also they will be outdated in a year as they struggle in gaming pcs now so in a year when the consoles comeout they will be behind by alot
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM #5
.Nik
Level Trustworthy 3!
Go with Intel. If you're OC'ing go with the i5 3570k, unless you render A LOT get the i7 3770k.
01-31-2013, 11:17 PM #6
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
Can i ask u why everyone hate AMD? i see now AMD CPU a 4.00hz with 8 cores, cheaper than others intel, what s the bad of amd cpus?
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM #7
Claptrap
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by xTrueFear View Post
Can i ask u why everyone hate AMD? i see now AMD CPU a 4.00hz with 8 cores, cheaper than others intel, what s the bad of amd cpus?

Well-I gave both options actually.....
I don't think anybody here 'hates' AMD, its just the preference. People happen to prefer the better of the two. Thats not to say all of intel is better than all of AMD, just currently at the top of the market.
But regardless- AMD has traditionally had driver problems with alot of their stuff. Atleast from most of what I've used. Its the whole argument of performance vs quality. AMD is definitely a better buy for the money but often suffers somewhat more than intel.
02-03-2013, 01:34 PM #8
xTrueFear
Serching Editor!
Originally posted by Claptrap View Post
Well-I gave both options actually.....
I don't think anybody here 'hates' AMD, its just the preference. People happen to prefer the better of the two. Thats not to say all of intel is better than all of AMD, just currently at the top of the market.
But regardless- AMD has traditionally had driver problems with alot of their stuff. Atleast from most of what I've used. Its the whole argument of performance vs quality. AMD is definitely a better buy for the money but often suffers somewhat more than intel.

ok thank u for the reply!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo