02-13-2013, 04:35 PM #1
Claptrap
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright so obviously SSDs are crazy popular right now. But I've also been looking a bit into some alternatives. I don't know enough about any to give tutorials but it seems a lot of these methods go to crazy insane speeds.

Mostly I am looking to share what I've found and get some feedback from anyone with any proper knowledge of these.

• Sata SSD- These are the most popular thing that I've seen. Often used in combination with a large storage drive.
  • mSata SSD+HDD- From what I've seen you can use this setup in a number of different ways. Similar to the previous or having the mSATA caching for the HDD
  • PCIe SSD- This is what most recently caught my attention. It's like a standard SSD but using PCIe x4 port to stop SATA bottlenecks. Also faster/cheaper than SSDs? You must login or register to view this content.
  • RamDrive- My favorite in the list, although it cannot be used as a boot drive, this method can do up to nearly 10GB/s and is a perfect way to use any unused RAM.

So along with your thoughts I had 2 questions
1. Seeing as windows 7 home premium only allows for 16GB RAM usable- If I put in 32 for extra RamDrive space, would I be able to use the extra space or am I still limited by microsofts retarded software restrictions?

2. If I were to use an SSD as a boot drive, would it be worthwhile to get a 32/64GB mSata SSD to cache my HDD?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo