Post: Will this custom computer b e good for gaming and recording? just making sure
04-11-2013, 12:37 AM #1
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I wanna know if this computer will be good for gaming and recording,
Please tell me what you think if i have to change parts to make it better or what pls help i really like pc games
and i want to enjoy them at their highest!!!
^_^^_^
ops forgot to p the important thing my bad!
You must login or register to view this content.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

please help?
Last edited by Xcesar1911X ; 04-11-2013 at 12:22 AM.
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM #2
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Xcesar1911X View Post
I wanna know if this computer will be good for gaming and recording,
Please tell me what you think if i have to change parts to make it better or what pls help i really like pc games
and i want to enjoy them at their highest!!!
^_^^_^
ops forgot to p the important thing my bad!

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

please help?

Okay, here are some things you're going to need to change.

First off, the power supply. Don't skimp out on a power supply. EVER. Get a 750W PSU and you'll be fine.

Secondly, your motherboard. Don't get a Micro ATX. Get a standard size one. You have a huge
CPU fan in your cart, and the micro boards just can't handle it. Trust me, aftermarket CPU fans
are a lot bigger than you think. You have a full size tower, and putting in a micro board defeats
that purpose of the tower.

Take out the sound card. You don't need it.

Switch the i7-2600K for an i5-3750k. You'll be upgrading to a third generation CPU, and you'll
save about $70. Honestly, for today's gaming standards, you don't need an i7. i5 cpu's are
exceptional and really powerful.

Also, your optical drive is WAYYYYY overpriced. Get one from Newegg.com. You're paying $50
for a standard DVD drive when you can upgrade to a Blu-ray/DVD/CD drive (that is also capable
of burning CD's and DVD's) for $40 or so.

If you have any questions send me a message. I'll be around.
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM #3
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Chaz View Post

First off, the power supply. Don't skimp out on a power supply. EVER. Get a 750W PSU and you'll be fine.

Secondly, your motherboard. Don't get a Micro ATX. Get a standard size one. You have a huge
CPU fan in your cart, and the micro boards just can't handle it. Trust me, aftermarket CPU fans
are a lot bigger than you think. You have a full size tower, and putting in a micro board defeats

Switch the i7-2600K for an i5-3750k. You'll be upgrading to a third generation CPU, and you'll
save about $70. Honestly, for today's gaming standards, you don't need an i7. i5 cpu's are

Also, your optical drive is WAYYYYY overpriced. Get one from Newegg.com. You're paying $50
for a standard DVD drive when you can upgrade to a Blu-ray/DVD/CD drive (that is also capable

will this work?
if it does you just save me
more than 500$!
!!!
Happy
i always forget to put the link e.e
04-11-2013, 09:48 PM #4
cam51037
Do a barrel roll!
Alright, I have a few suggestions.

The 2600k is great, I really like that. The cooler is not so good. For that price, look at a You must login or register to view this content. It's great for overclocking, and probably cools more for cheaper. The motherboard looks alright, except a full ATX board would have more features.

16GB of RAM is too much, 8 GB is more than enough for what you'll be doing. Any 8 GB's of RAM should do fine, HyperX or Corsair Vengeance are recommended. Smile A 512 GB SSD is too much, and that brand might not be great.

I recommend a You must login or register to view this content. It's more than enough for all your games, OS install and programs. Just don't record video to an SSD, EVER! It'll drastically cut down the lifespan of it. An SSD and 1 TB Western Digital black hard drive should work great for your build. For the video card, at that price look at 7950's. They're great cards, I recommend Sapphire, MSI or Gigabyte brand cards, and they come with a few free games too. They're about the same price, but when overclocked perform on par to a GTX 680.

A sound card is un-needed as well, the onboard is usually good enough for most people. Case looks good, but for the PSU I don't recommend that PSU. Look at Corsair or Seasonic power supplies, preferably 500W+, although the most your rig would ever be using would be around 300W, and that's considering the parts are overclocked too.

For the DVD burner, I recommend an OEM ASUS DVD Burner from Newegg. They're usually $20 or so.

Here's what I made up for you on PCPartPicker: You must login or register to view this content. It's a bit less, but will perform much better than your original plan. Smile
04-11-2013, 10:58 PM #5
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
Ok i have an idea ill tak what you recomended and what chaz recomended and put it all on one big project and lets see how it turns out!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

chaz i think i will like and i7 because games sooner or later will reach a level that you will need a i7 to play them and i want to make this change now instead of later , and also i like faster processing for making videos!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Ok i got my final build i change the nvidia card to a amd because i saw its better for gaming ! well its less expensive but less than my original one Happy
and this time I wont forget about the link Happy
Last edited by Xcesar1911X ; 04-11-2013 at 10:37 PM.
04-12-2013, 04:04 AM #6
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Xcesar1911X View Post
Ok i have an idea ill tak what you recomended and what chaz recomended and put it all on one big project and lets see how it turns out!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

chaz i think i will like and i7 because games sooner or later will reach a level that you will need a i7 to play them and i want to make this change now instead of later , and also i like faster processing for making videos!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Ok i got my final build i change the nvidia card to a amd because i saw its better for gaming ! well its less expensive but less than my original one Happy
and this time I wont forget about the link Happy
]

Yeah eventually the i7's is where standard gaming will be at. Your build is your choice and if you have the money, the i7 won't be a bad choice at all. The only thing that concerns me is your MoBo (motherboard).

Rule of thumb is generally to spend the same amount on your motherboard as you do your video card. (somewhere in the same area) My video card cost $370 and I spent $230 on my motheboard (roughly). Everything else in your cart though looks solid and you'll be able to play games with ease.

Also the note about the AMD card, yes both AMD and NVIDIA have their pros and cons. AMD is a really good product, but NVIDIA's are stronger at base clocks. If you can safely overclock your AMD card, then that's when they become better than NVIDIA cards. From personal experience. However, both companies put out great products so it's all about personal choice and budget Smile
Last edited by Chaz ; 04-12-2013 at 04:07 AM.
04-12-2013, 08:48 PM #7
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
]

Yeah eventually the i7's is where standard gaming will be at. Your build is your choice and if you have the money, the i7 won't be a bad choice at all. The only thing that concerns me is your MoBo (motherboard).

Rule of thumb is generally to spend the same amount on your motherboard as you do your video card. (somewhere in the same area) My video card cost $370 and I spent $230 on my motheboard (roughly). Everything else in your cart though looks solid and you'll be able to play games with ease.

Also the note about the AMD card, yes both AMD and NVIDIA have their pros and cons. AMD is a really good product, but NVIDIA's are stronger at base clocks. If you can safely overclock your AMD card, then that's when they become better than NVIDIA cards. From personal experience. However, both companies put out great products so it's all about personal choice and budget Smile

this motherboard will do?
you think pls tell me im about to get the money
04-12-2013, 09:20 PM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
yes get a 3770 though its a stronger cpu other than that its good, then u dont need a cpu cooler or sound card and get a 256gb ssd and a 1tb 7200rpm drive

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

]

amds are faster and overclock better nvidia got better drivers and nvidia is like apple the sheep are the people who buy the product
04-13-2013, 01:16 AM #9
AFG
The One and Only
yea get a good powerful pc and run high graphic mods on the games u play
04-21-2013, 09:42 PM #10
garybrady_09
Pro QuickScoper Winky Winky
id change the psu and mobo

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

and maybe get a 2nd hard drive

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo