10-20-2013, 05:15 PM #1
Convex
Ain't No Telling
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

Is that a good build? Any recommendations?
Last edited by Convex ; 10-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.
10-20-2013, 06:13 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Convex View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

This is kinda in your price range but it is a much better system, it can basically take your from high and medium to ultra and high on modern games and it comes with 3 games and it isn't a bad idea to invest another 50$-60$ on a keyboard and mouse as it will make gaming much more enjoyable with macro keys and buttons. You must login or register to view this content.
10-20-2013, 09:22 PM #3
Convex
Ain't No Telling
Originally posted by Toke View Post
This is kinda in your price range but it is a much better system, it can basically take your from high and medium to ultra and high on modern games and it comes with 3 games and it isn't a bad idea to invest another 50$-60$ on a keyboard and mouse as it will make gaming much more enjoyable with macro keys and buttons. You must login or register to view this content.

I like it, but isn't DDR3 very sluggish? I kind of want to get a better MoBo and get DDR5 with more ram. Not sure though. Thanks for the build!
10-20-2013, 09:33 PM #4

My build is as follows:
3 GTX 780's Running in SLI Mode,
i7 4960x Extreme Edition 3.6GHz,
64GB of Kingston 1600-2200MHz RAM,
2 4TB Caviar Black Western Digital HDD's running in RAID 1
2 960GB SSD's from Crucial running in RAID 1
Corsair Graphite Case
Corsair 1200MW Platinum Power
Corsair H100i Water-Cooling
2 x 12MM Fans on top
Creative Sound blaster ZxR
2 Asus VG278HR 27'' 144Hz Monitors
I have a 3D Nvidea kit to run games such as minecraft in 3D when necessary
4 TB External HDD

I render alot of videos and edit a lot of stuff not to mension play lots of computer games. This is possibly one of the most expensive, yet best gaming/editing setup out there.

Of course however, I would recommend a hackintosh.
10-20-2013, 10:29 PM #5
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
I like it, but isn't DDR3 very sluggish? I kind of want to get a better MoBo and get DDR5 with more ram. Not sure though. Thanks for the build!

DDR5 is only for GPUs right now. DDR3 is the best you can get.
10-20-2013, 10:30 PM #6
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
Originally posted by elo
My build is as follows:
3 GTX 780's Running in SLI Mode,
i7 4960x Extreme Edition 3.6GHz,
64GB of Kingston 1600-2200MHz RAM,
2 4TB Caviar Black Western Digital HDD's running in RAID 1
2 960GB SSD's from Crucial running in RAID 1
Corsair Graphite Case
Corsair 1200MW Platinum Power
Corsair H100i Water-Cooling
2 x 12MM Fans on top
Creative Sound blaster ZxR
2 Asus VG278HR 27'' 144Hz Monitors
I have a 3D Nvidea kit to run games such as minecraft in 3D when necessary
4 TB External HDD

I render alot of videos and edit a lot of stuff not to mension play lots of computer games. This is possibly one of the most expensive, yet best gaming/editing setup out there.

Of course however, I would recommend a hackintosh.

How should we believe that you spent 6k on a PC without proof?
10-20-2013, 10:46 PM #7
Convex
Ain't No Telling

This is my updated build. My budget is only $1k. If you can tweak anything for less money and same performance, please do. I'm pretty happy with this build atm. Thanks Happy
10-20-2013, 11:38 PM #8
Originally posted by Abe View Post
How should we believe that you spent 6k on a PC without proof?

I was just stating my specs, weather or not you believe me or not that's besides the point, I'm not to bothered if you believe me or not. I don't see why I need to show 'proof' And to correct you, infact it's worth more than 7k+, but I didn't even spend 6k on it, some parts were obtained from my parents workplace.

This is my updated build. My budget is only $1k. If you can tweak anything for less money and same performance, please do. I'm pretty happy with this build atm. Thanks Happy

It will work out cheaper if you find the component you require and do comparative searches online on website such as ebay or other computer related websites, I would stay away from amazon as they are really expensive in most cases!
Last edited by julian_1234 ; 10-20-2013 at 11:40 PM.
10-21-2013, 01:22 AM #9
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]

You must login or register to view this content. You dont need to Xfire the 7950s. Your CPU will probably bottleneck it, so you wont receive full performance. You dont need 16gb of RAM, unless your video editing/rendering. An i5 would do you better, and could upgrade to an i7 in the future if you need it. If you want an ssd, go to a 7950 and OC it to 7970 levels. I also got you a better PSU so you can Xfire in the future.
10-21-2013, 01:24 AM #10
Abe
[move] Happy [/move]
Originally posted by elo
I was just stating my specs, weather or not you believe me or not that's besides the point, I'm not to bothered if you believe me or not. I don't see why I need to show 'proof' And to correct you, infact it's worth more than 7k+, but I didn't even spend 6k on it, some parts were obtained from my parents workplace.

It will work out cheaper if you find the component you require and do comparative searches online on website such as ebay or other computer related websites, I would stay away from amazon as they are really expensive in most cases!

Just asking for proof, kinda hard to believe considering thats a lot of money for 1 pc. You should post a thread here with it, it would be really cool to see all of the components in one build functioning together Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo