04-10-2014, 03:34 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello i am extremely new to building a pc but have my parts picked out it is mainly just for gaming i would like u to rate it(or tell me the pros and cons of it) thanks
parts: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue
: MSI Z87-GD65-GAMING ATX Motherboard (Intel Z87, 4x DDR3, DVI, HDMI, 6x USB3.0, Killer E2205 LAN, LGA1150 Socket)
: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LCP (PC)
: Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - Black/Pearl
: 3 x Corsair Air Series AF140-LED 140mm Quiet Edition High Airflow LED Fan - Red (Single Pack)
: Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 Jetstream Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 256 Bit, 3D Vision Ready, GPU Boost
:Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
: Corsair CP-9020077-UK Builder Series 650W CS650M ATX/EPS Semi-Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
: 2 x Corsair Air Series AF120-LED 120mm Quiet Edition High Airflow LED Fan - Red (Single Pack)
: HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz CL9 DDR3 HyperX Beast Desktop Memory Kit (2 x 4GB) - Intel XMP
: Pioneer BDC-207DBK 8x SATA Internal Blu-ray Player DVD/CD Burner Combo Drive
: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
04-10-2014, 03:44 AM #2
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
7/10 considering 10/10 is something really really good. Don't get a WD hard drive. It will corrupt your computer later down in the track unless WD have really picked their game up. From my experience WD is not very good, they always have bad ratings, that's why they're cheap. Everything else looks good but I would have though an i5 is a bit outdated seeing as I have an i7 which is already years old. Maybe also think about getting more ram. 8GB may seem big but you usually want to get at least 8GB so maybe 12gb is a good amount. (Only if you want a really quick PC) Other than that it's a pretty good build, it would run the latest games.

The following user thanked xv4xv4x for this useful post:

aaronhicklin
04-10-2014, 03:59 AM #3
Dan
I'm a god.
This build should do mostly whatever you want. I can vouch for the Define! I have a Define XL R2. :p

The following user thanked Dan for this useful post:

aaronhicklin
04-10-2014, 04:14 AM #4
Originally posted by xv4xv4x View Post
7/10 considering 10/10 is something really really good. Don't get a WD hard drive. It will corrupt your computer later down in the track unless WD have really picked their game up. From my experience WD is not very good, they always have bad ratings, that's why they're cheap. Everything else looks good but I would have though an i5 is a bit outdated seeing as I have an i7 which is already years old. Maybe also think about getting more ram. 8GB may seem big but you usually want to get at least 8GB so maybe 12gb is a good amount. (Only if you want a really quick PC) Other than that it's a pretty good build, it would run the latest games.

what make would u suggest for the hard drive .i am going to stick with the i5 for now might upgrade it when or if the i9 comes out and i am trying to cancel the 8gb of ram and upgrading it to 16 gb (if the seller reply's)and thanks for reading this and rating it =D
04-10-2014, 04:21 AM #5
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
I usually go with Seagate, Toshiba or Samsung hard drives. I find they are the best and most reliable. Even Hitachi can be good at times but I usually go for Samsung or Seagate. I know they make good quality drives, all my Seagate and Samsung drives have never failed on me.

The following user thanked xv4xv4x for this useful post:

aaronhicklin
04-10-2014, 05:18 AM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
I usually go with Seagate, Toshiba or Samsung hard drives. I find they are the best and most reliable. Even Hitachi can be good at times but I usually go for Samsung or Seagate. I know they make good quality drives, all my Seagate and Samsung drives have never failed on me.

Hitatchi has never been good. Never say that again.
Seagate is so so.
Unless you are getting a SSD there's no real reason to go with Samsung

So with that said Western Digital or don't bother.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Toke
04-10-2014, 05:34 AM #7
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
I know Hitachi isn't that great but it's an improvement from Western Digital's stock hard drives seeing as both companies have some sort of partnership. Hitachi gets the job done, at least it doesn't corrupt itself after some usage.
04-10-2014, 01:48 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
I know Hitachi isn't that great but it's an improvement from Western Digital's stock hard drives seeing as both companies have some sort of partnership. Hitachi gets the job done, at least it doesn't corrupt itself after some usage.

No it just dies after it leaves the factory or 2 months into use. They have always been shit drives. I don't think you know much about what you are talking about. Define stock drives btw. I wasn't aware you could get them modified.

The following 2 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

aaronhicklin, Toke
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Hitatchi has never been good. Never say that again.
Seagate is so so.
Unless you are getting a SSD there's no real reason to go with Samsung

So with that said Western Digital or don't bother.

Hitachis blow up instantly sea gates are a hit or miss and WD are quality 90% of the time
04-10-2014, 10:23 PM #10
thanks for all of the helpful comments

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo