07-24-2014, 10:47 PM #1
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Like majority of this community excluding the few that think console is still superior, I want to start to build a gaming PC, but, before I get any hardware, I would like some good constructive criticism on my build before I make any decisions. I want to keep the price range around 1.5k (USD). Right now is what I have:

You must login or register to view this content.

I have already purchased the case so there is no changing that, as for the processor yes I know that I don't need it for gaming but I do a lot of rendering and things of that nature so I want to have a high end CPU. Thanks for reading and please feel free to suggest anything. What I'm mainly looking for is the biggest bang for my buck so if a better part is cheaper or something to that nature please tell me what and I will switch it out. Thanks!
07-25-2014, 02:40 AM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
Like majority of this community excluding the few that think console is still superior, I want to start to build a gaming PC, but, before I get any hardware, I would like some good constructive criticism on my build before I make any decisions. I want to keep the price range around 1.5k (USD). Right now is what I have:

You must login or register to view this content.

I have already purchased the case so there is no changing that, as for the processor yes I know that I don't need it for gaming but I do a lot of rendering and things of that nature so I want to have a high end CPU. Thanks for reading and please feel free to suggest anything. What I'm mainly looking for is the biggest bang for my buck so if a better part is cheaper or something to that nature please tell me what and I will switch it out. Thanks!

Get a cheaper PSU you have no need for a 1000w get a cheaper corsair rm650 also a cheaper case that phantoms huge and somewhat outdated. And for CPU cooler maybe go to swifttechs new h220-x cooler as its just badass. Change your hsrdrive to a WD black 1tb and add a 250gb ssd. Also why such a overpriced disk drive?

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

07-25-2014, 01:54 PM #3
Shame you have already bought the case since it's quite old and you could have done better however it's still a decent case. Get a H100i as it's cheaper but still has good performance and note that you won't need water cooling unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking. No need for the 1000w power supply since it's overkill for your build so get a 650w as that will also give you a bit of headroom and do look for a fully modular power supply as this will make cable management easier (EVGA do good power supplies). Also do look at fitting a SSD into your build as well.

The following user thanked Silent Assassin for this useful post:

07-25-2014, 05:58 PM #4
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Get a cheaper PSU you have no need for a 1000w get a cheaper corsair rm650 also a cheaper case that phantoms huge and somewhat outdated. And for CPU cooler maybe go to swifttechs new h220-x cooler as its just badass. Change your hsrdrive to a WD black 1tb and add a 250gb ssd. Also why such a overpriced disk drive?

Thanks, I'll go ahead and make modifications to implement your recommendations!
07-26-2014, 04:35 AM #5
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. ($339.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: You must login or register to view this content. ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: You must login or register to view this content. ($4.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. ($157.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. ($149.29 @ Amazon)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. ($58.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. ($469.99 @ Amazon)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1445.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-26 00:34 EDT-0400

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo