07-30-2014, 08:20 PM #1
MrRa1n
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

After watching that video I have deemed it to be a pretty good set-up just to start me off, especially with the price not being that much either. But there is also the problem that I know jack shit about good PC specs so I need some help. I was looking to buy most of the parts in that video to create that setup, but could always use help.

If there are parts you feel would be better and possibly cheaper then by all means post it below. All help is appreciated. Here are the parts from the video...

Case: You must login or register to view this content.
HDD : You must login or register to view this content.
DVDRW: You must login or register to view this content.
CPU: You must login or register to view this content.
MEMORY: You must login or register to view this content.
GFX: You must login or register to view this content.
MOBO: You must login or register to view this content.
PSU: You must login or register to view this content.

Also if you can recommend a decent monitor I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks Woot
07-30-2014, 08:41 PM #2
MrRa1n
League Champion
Originally posted by Laim
I suggest a Dell Ultrasharp Monitor. That is the one I currently have and I really like it, you can change the angle and if you want it vertical or horizontal you have the choice.

Also for your Graphics Card I suggest paying out a little more money and getting this instead: You must login or register to view this content.

I have the GTX 760 and I really like it, Toke might suggest otherwise but I find it is a really good card.

You must login or register to view this content.

I like that monitor
07-30-2014, 08:44 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rain View Post

After watching that video I have deemed it to be a pretty good set-up just to start me off, especially with the price not being that much either. But there is also the problem that I know jack shit about good PC specs so I need some help. I was looking to buy most of the parts in that video to create that setup, but could always use help.

If there are parts you feel would be better and possibly cheaper then by all means post it below. All help is appreciated. Here are the parts from the video...

Thanks Woot
You must login or register to view this content. here's your whole setup
07-30-2014, 08:57 PM #4
Gurvier_Singh
Bounty hunter
Instead of getting an AMD cpu, I would suggest getting a intel one I.e i7, this will make a huge difference.
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM #5
MrRa1n
League Champion
Originally posted by Toke View Post
You must login or register to view this content. here's your whole setup

Makes my life easier, thanks bud Outie
07-31-2014, 06:30 PM #6

Thanks Woot

that mobo and cpu are fine, if you plan on overclocking memory dont get that ram but if your just gaming the ram is fine gfx is personal taste and what your looking for me personally i own a gtx 780 evga sc but ask what im using it for and is the price worth what i need it for
07-31-2014, 07:54 PM #7
Dan
I'm a god.
snip

This monitor is pretty good. Not as cheap as the Dell though.
07-31-2014, 09:49 PM #8
Originally posted by Dan View Post
This monitor is pretty good. Not as cheap as the Dell though.

BenQ monitors are nice and have great specs but you're really paying for the brand. Don't get me wrong, if you want your setup to feature some BenQ products by all means grab them up, you won't regret it. Personally I'm biased towards Asus monitors especially if you compare the VG248QE and the XL2420T, similar specs if not better on the Asus and a lot cheaper.

Ultimately it's a matter of perspective and what you're willing to pay. At the end of the day they're both TN panels that are almost identical in spec just different brands.

The following user thanked Kingcr4b for this useful post:

Toke
08-01-2014, 09:44 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Kingcr4b View Post
BenQ monitors are nice and have great specs but you're really paying for the brand. Don't get me wrong, if you want your setup to feature some BenQ products by all means grab them up, you won't regret it. Personally I'm biased towards Asus monitors especially if you compare the VG248QE and the XL2420T, similar specs if not better on the Asus and a lot cheaper.

Ultimately it's a matter of perspective and what you're willing to pay. At the end of the day they're both TN panels that are almost identical in spec just different brands.

There's two sides of the spectrum there's speed competative shooters guys like you and then there's RPG eye candy guys like me
08-01-2014, 10:32 PM #10
Originally posted by Toke View Post
There's two sides of the spectrum there's speed competative shooters guys like you and then there's RPG eye candy guys like me

That is indeed true. I'm sure most people coming from console who previously played first person shooters will most likely end up playing first person shooters on PC. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo