12-10-2014, 01:57 AM #1
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I purchased a computer off of a neighbor for $420 and I don't know much about computers, but I think I did good. It plays Advance Warfare, Battlefield and other games on max settings. Let me know if there are any parts I should upgrade.

You must login or register to view this content.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by kciN ; 07-01-2015 at 06:19 AM.
12-10-2014, 02:03 AM #2
Sync
The (ONE) Above!
Originally posted by kciN1337 View Post
About a week ago I purchased a computer off of a neighbor for $420 and I don't know much about computers, but I think I did good. It plays Advance Warfare, Battlefield and other games on max settings. Let me know if there are any parts I should upgrade.

For 420$ that's actually a good deal.

The following user thanked Sync for this useful post:

kciN
12-10-2014, 02:27 AM #3
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Sync View Post
For 420$ that's actually a good deal.

Are the specs good or is there something that I should upgrade?
Last edited by kciN ; 12-20-2014 at 09:48 PM.
12-10-2014, 03:39 AM #4
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
About a week ago I purchased a computer off of a neighbor for $420 and I don't know much about computers, but I think I did good. It plays Advance Warfare, Battlefield and other games on max settings. Let me know if there are any parts I should upgrade.

[/spoiler]

Why cant i have a neighbor like this! Sad Awesome
What a steal yo. Only thing i would upgrade is the video card if you have spare $$$. Everything else looks Awesome for $420. Lucky guy! Also if you have like 60-80$ laying around i would get an ssd and make it my boot drive so you can boot up faster and player faster and use the HDD as storage.
12-10-2014, 04:07 AM #5
kciN
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by BKG98 View Post
Why cant i have a neighbor like this! Sad Awesome
What a steal yo. Only thing i would upgrade is the video card if you have spare $$$. Everything else looks Awesome for $420. Lucky guy! Also if you have like 60-80$ laying around i would get an ssd and make it my boot drive so you can boot up faster and player faster and use the HDD as storage.

Do you mind private messaging me links to the things you recommend me upgrading?
12-10-2014, 04:22 AM #6
BKG98
Can’t trickshot me!
Do you mind private messaging me links to the things you recommend me upgrading?

SSD - You must login or register to view this content. (Most popular and one of the best in my opinion)
Video Card - You must login or register to view this content. (Now video cards arent cheap. If you want one that can really do a lot of work, i would go with this one. But hats just me and im not a genius in computers.

The following user thanked BKG98 for this useful post:

kciN
12-11-2014, 12:45 PM #7
Millz
Worth the Weight

[/spoiler]

That's a great steal, but if it already runs everything you need it, you don't even need an upgrade frankly. In all honesty, I would probably looking at replacing that 500 watt power supply first, since a 480 is power hungry as hell. (If the 500 watt PSU is branded by someone like Seasonic, XFX or even corsair I guess then it's fine) but if it's one of those standard non 80+ certified ones you should definitely look into upgrading that first so you have more room for future upgrades. Other than that, if you want more speed feel free to pick up a SSD and use it for Windows. Your CPU is plenty for the next few years and you really shouldn't need more than 8GB of RAM. The 480 although old as hell is still strong and runs most modern games still on high-max settings at reasonable frame rates. So until you start seeing that the card is no longer performing to your needs you should hold on to it since there's no reason to dump another $400 on a shiny new top of the line GPU at this point in time.

The following 3 users say thank you to Millz for this useful post:

Gambler, kciN, ResistTheSun
12-12-2014, 06:16 AM #8
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Extremely old GPU; performs somewhere around the same as a GTX 750 TI / GTX 760.
Most likely a low quality PSU.

But for $420, not bad at all. If I had that build and wanted to upgrade, I'd add an SSD and change out the GPU + PSU.
12-19-2014, 04:50 PM #9
Respect_Cartman
Maggbot timeout!
Other than the GPU you should be fine.

The following user thanked Respect_Cartman for this useful post:

kciN
12-23-2014, 04:34 AM #10
jagex
Gym leader
Sell off the PSU/GPU

buy a reliable 600w PSU + gtx 970 and you golden for the next 2-5 years lol

Did you just get the parts or the case? btw check if your ram is installed properly to run at dual channel

Also you should check in the BIOS if the profile is set to XMP so that its running at 1600mhz (guessing it is 1600mhz lol) and not 1333mhz
Last edited by jagex ; 12-23-2014 at 04:37 AM.

The following user thanked jagex for this useful post:

kciN

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo