08-20-2015, 11:38 AM #1
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My maximum spending is $1,000. I want to use this PC for video editing, photoshop, programming, and play some games like CS:GO, GTA V. Any good PC build for this?

What I'm currently thinking ATM: You must login or register to view this content.

UPDATE:
Shoutout for Toke for the best PC part list. It was totally fun building my PC and my PC runs like a boss now!
You must login or register to view this content.

All it costed me: ~$970, including taxes and Windows 8. No shipping cost since I had Amazon Prime. The only things changed with the PC part list is buying the M5A97 R2.0, CD drive, and a 120 GB SSD.
Last edited by Joel ; 09-13-2015 at 08:31 PM.
08-20-2015, 04:23 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Joel View Post
My maximum spending is $1,000. I want to use this PC for video editing, photoshop, programming, and play some games like CS:GO, GTA V. Any good PC build for this?

What I'm currently thinking ATM: You must login or register to view this content.

looks fine i'd go with a 8gb 390 but thats because i wish my 290 had 8gb of vram so i could have more skyrim mods

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Joel
08-20-2015, 11:41 PM #3
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Switch out that outdated motherboard for the newer Z97 chipset. $150 for outdated hardware, no.
Don't overpay for RAM. All RAM is basically the same. There is no better or worse when it comes to RAM. You pay extra for aesthetics, not performance.
Switch that GTX 970 out for a R9 390. R9 390 is better.
Get a reliable PSU. Corsair CX is shit-tier.
You can get a legal copy of Windows for much cheaper. Don't pay for full retail.
You don't need a wired network adapter. Motherboards already have an ethernet port.

You say maximum budget is $1000, but your build is $1200.

The following user thanked Rawr for this useful post:

Joel
08-21-2015, 07:26 PM #4
Joel
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Switch out that outdated motherboard for the newer Z97 chipset. $150 for outdated hardware, no.
Don't overpay for RAM. All RAM is basically the same. There is no better or worse when it comes to RAM. You pay extra for aesthetics, not performance.
Switch that GTX 970 out for a R9 390. R9 390 is better.
Get a reliable PSU. Corsair CX is shit-tier.
You can get a legal copy of Windows for much cheaper. Don't pay for full retail.
You don't need a wired network adapter. Motherboards already have an ethernet port.

You say maximum budget is $1000, but your build is $1200.

It won't cost $1,200 since I can get parts for a cheap price (ex: I can get GTX 970 for $150 at Micro Center, Windows 7 for $70...)
I was thinking 16 GB of ram will be enough if I wanted to edit and photoshop and watch videos at the same time. 8 GB of ram seems enough then I guess, right?
What PSU is good? CPU fan?
For motherboards, do they bring 10/100/1000 Mbps ethernet? Any good motherboard recommendation?
08-21-2015, 08:13 PM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
It won't cost $1,200 since I can get parts for a cheap price (ex: I can get GTX 970 for $150 at Micro Center, Windows 7 for $70...)
I was thinking 16 GB of ram will be enough if I wanted to edit and photoshop and watch videos at the same time. 8 GB of ram seems enough then I guess, right?
For motherboards, do they bring 10/100/1000 Mbps ethernet? Any good motherboard recommendation?

dem price matches r dank
08-22-2015, 07:38 AM #6
Toke
PC Master Race

You must login or register to view this content. i made this for another user just change to a 8350 and a 990fx mobo and it will fit ur budget and be fast

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Joel
08-29-2015, 05:51 PM #7
hasnainxs
Do a barrel roll!
Looks ok to me, only issue i would have with it is the powersupply being a cx series, i recommend basing your PSU choice on this chart: You must login or register to view this content.
also you could probably get a 390 for about the same price range as that 970.
Other than that it looks fine.
09-13-2015, 08:30 PM #8
Joel
Originally posted by Dr
You must login or register to view this content. i made this for another user just change to a 8350 and a 990fx mobo and it will fit ur budget and be fast

Shoutout for Toke for the best PC part list. It was totally fun building my PC and my PC runs like a boss now!

All it costed me: ~$970, including taxes and Windows 8. No shipping cost since I had Amazon Prime. The only things changed with the PC part list is buying the M5A97 R2.0, CD drive, and a 120 GB SSD.

My favorite part about this computer is the GPU which has the silent fan stop. I also like the 2 second boot up and being able to open programs in a instant. And the data transfer rate, it's insane!

What I struggled with while building this PC is the motherboard's back plate, which I had to strangle the damn thing into the case. Also, it would keep booting me up to BIOS and I do not know to stop that. Lastly, my cable management sucks.
Last edited by Joel ; 09-13-2015 at 08:38 PM.
09-13-2015, 08:50 PM #9
Toke
PC Master Race

My favorite part about this computer is the GPU which has the silent fan stop. I also like the 2 second boot up and being able to open programs in a instant. And the data transfer rate, it's insane!

What I struggled with while building this PC is the motherboard's back plate, which I had to strangle the damn thing into the case. Also, it would keep booting me up to BIOS and I do not know to stop that. Lastly, my cable management sucks.

shit looks real good m8

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo