11-29-2015, 11:45 AM #1
MrRa1n
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi,

I currently have Asus R7 370 4GB installed in my system with a 500W PSU and was thinking about running Crossfire, so I have two questions:-

• Will I need to double the wattage of my PSU, to around 1000W+?
  • Can I run 8GB alongside of my 4GB or must they both be 4GB?

Many thanks!
11-29-2015, 08:08 PM #2
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by MrRa1n View Post
Hi,

I currently have Asus R7 370 4GB installed in my system with a 500W PSU and was thinking about running Crossfire, so I have two questions:-

• Will I need to double the wattage of my PSU, to around 1000W+?
  • Can I run 8GB alongside of my 4GB or must they both be 4GB?

Many thanks!

I want to say the question to answer two is no. But, I could be wrong. It's usually best to get an identical card to what you already have. In regards to your first question, there's no real way to know what the power consumption of your computer is without getting the full line up, mainly what processor you have. With that said, I'd recommend just running this calculator. It'll give you all the information you'll need and you can narrow down psu's by brand. You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

MrRa1n
11-29-2015, 08:15 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Rath View Post
I want to say the question to answer two is no. But, I could be wrong. It's usually best to get an identical card to what you already have. In regards to your first question, there's no real way to know what the power consumption of your computer is without getting the full line up, mainly what processor you have. With that said, I'd recommend just running this calculator. It'll give you all the information you'll need and you can narrow down psu's by brand. You must login or register to view this content.

No u can run both off 650w and yes amd vram doubles Nvidia sli don't but nvidia surround does. It would be better to sell ut 370 and use other money to get a gtx 970 and avoid drivers and hest issues

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo