07-06-2020, 01:20 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, I just love you guys especially developers you people are geniuses, please forgive me this is going to a little bit long,

before trying any modifications I converted the downloaded game to ISO and the game worked with no problems.

Now after trying to convert:

Here's my problem, tried to convert BCES01584-[The Last of Us] to BCUS98174-[The Last of Us] I followed this youtube tutorial (edited PARAM.SFO, LIC.DAT, PS3_DISC.SFB)

the game (DUPLEX edition) I downloaded is via a torrent (I dont know if it's legal to post torrent sites here so I wont risk), NOTE: after checking the downloaded game I found there are two EBOOT.BIN , EBOOT.BIN size = 9.94 Mb and EBOOT_orig.BIN size = 19.1 Mb (obviously it is edited).

I put the edited game folder in /hdd0/GAMES/ under the name of BCUS98174-[The Last of Us] whenever I start the game the game starts good BUT after starting the game menu is corrupt, it doesnt show audio, start new game .... etc etc etc, note that I memorized the game menu in my head when I click on the *invisible* menu to start a game it starts normally or when I go to MultiPlayer it starts downloading map for MultiPlayer.

so I thought maybe its the EBOOT.BIN so I replaced the EBOOT.BIN with EBOOT_orig.BIN and got the same issue then I downloaded the Games update version 1.11 BCES and BCUS via this site [REMOVED] unpacked the .PKG replaced the DUPLEX game EBOOT.BIN with the BCUS updates EBOOT.BIN but still get the same problem, so what should I do??

so in general the game does not show me the menu after editing PARAM.SFO, LIC.DAT, PS3_DISC.SFB.

I'm on PS3 Ultra Slim CECH-4004C, HFW 4.86.1 HEN v 3.0.1, MultiMan and WebMan Latest
07-11-2020, 06:31 PM #2
Reidso
Under Jolly Roger
Originally posted by zomtrans View Post

Not sure why you're converting the game from one region to another,
I never do, because it doesn't matter
The EBOOT.BIN probably only works for that particular region
(I never tried an EBOOT.BIN from one region and using it on another)

You NEED to rename EBOOT_orig.BIN to EBOOT.BIN
(Keep backup copies of the two EBOOT.BIN's you got with the duplex download)

And make sure you do the updates needed again

Edit: I've also sent you a PM
Last edited by Reidso ; 07-11-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo