04-22-2011, 01:10 AM #1
FoxkaZ
Retired Super
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

This is my little review on Portal 2. I won't spoil any events, the pictures and the movie I have included shouldn't spoil anything either.

Introduction.

Portal 2 is the sequel to Portal, developed by Valve Corporation. Portal 2 is filled with action and comedy. I had many good laughs when I played through it. This is a game where you have to think a lot. You need to see possibilities, options and try out shortcuts to complete the sets of puzzles you are about to solve throughout the game.

Graphics.

I am playing this on my gaming computer, allowing me to set all the graphics options to very high. So what I say here may not be the case when playing on console, or a PC that does not meet the requirements to play on very high.

When I first started the game I was amazed. Structure detail and the distance detail was stunning. The texture detail was simple but amazing. The lightning effects were good, not 'Awesome faceead Space' good but better than other Valve games I have played. The water detail was also great.

Gameplay.

I will not spoil anything from the story, but the gameplay is a lot different from other games these days. It's simple, like the good old Valve games are. Personally I think this is a great thing. The focus can be on the gameplay and the stunning graphics, and not some fancy weapon with way too many details. The movements are OK, and the function where you can carry things with your portal gun seems stable, even though it can be somewhat frustrating when you can't grab something that looks like you can.

Environment.

The cool thing is the distance detail and the fact that the environment changes all the time. When using your portal gun you can get almost anywhere, and the game developers have therefore added a lot to the game. You build the environment as you play. With your portals you add bridges and lasers to go where you want. Of course it will be very confusing and sometimes you will have to stop everything you're doing just to think "How the heck will this work" or something like that.

Media.

I took some screen shots (Using Xfire) and I uploaded a little film with my gameplay to Youtube.(Recorded with Fraps)

Watch in 1080p!

Screen shots:

Last edited by FoxkaZ ; 04-22-2011 at 02:52 AM.

The following 25 users say thank you to FoxkaZ for this useful post:

AlabamaHit, Cain, effinTyler, Extended, Extrazior, freeze-, George, IDontbreak, InFuzion, Jakeyy, Jayy, Joel, JOT, Killakk, Kylee., Lydey, Meow, Mr.President, oO_NeoN, Pauly, Pedobear, Reaper, Spartan Gunney, TheBigRod
04-22-2011, 01:13 AM #2
Acerman
Gym leader
Hmm sounds like a well plotted game..+rep for the review Winky Winky
04-22-2011, 01:26 AM #3
niiiceThread
04-22-2011, 01:33 AM #4
wowaka
Former Staff
Good short and simple review for the A.D.D. kids :y:
04-22-2011, 01:38 AM #5
This game looks sick! Thanks for the review.
04-22-2011, 01:38 AM #6
Kylee.
Banned
nice little review make me want to get the game now!, the water graphice seem simular to what i seen on HALO before i got PSNSmile
04-22-2011, 01:48 AM #7
Thanks for the review man! My Birthday is this Saturday and this is the number one thing I have been telling everyone to get me lol!

The following user thanked Hondarydr for this useful post:

ChefHOU
04-22-2011, 02:17 AM #8
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
Nice review FoxkaZ :y: Smile
Maybe you can add a little review of the story mode in a spoiler? =D
I wanna know how the campaign is like Happy
04-22-2011, 02:35 AM #9
Originally posted by FoxkaZ View Post

This is my little review on Portal 2. I won't spoil any events, the pictures and the movie I have included shouldn't spoil anything either.

Introduction.

Portal 2 is the sequel to Portal, developed by Valve Corporation. Portal 2 is filled with action and comedy. I had many good laughs when I played through it. This is a game where you have to think a lot. You need to see possibilities, options and try out shortcuts to complete the sets of puzzles you are about to solve throughout the game.

Graphics.

I am playing this on my gaming computer, allowing me to set all the graphics options to very high. So what I say here may not be the case when playing on console, or a PC that does not meet the requirements to play on very high.

When I first started the game I was amazed. Structure detail and the distance detail was stunning. The texture detail was simple but amazing. The lightning effects were good, not 'Awesome faceead Space' good but better than other Valve games I have played. The water detail was also great.

Gameplay.

I will not spoil anything from the story, but the gameplay is a lot different from other games these days. It's simple, like the good old Valve games are. Personally I think this is a great thing. The focus can be on the gameplay and the stunning graphics, and not some fancy weapon with way too many details. The movements are OK, and the function where you can carry things with your portal gun seems stable, even though it can be somewhat frustrating when you can't grab something that looks like you can.

Environment.

The cool thing is the distance detail and the fact that the environment changes all the time. When using your portal gun you can get almost anywhere, and the game developers have therefore added a lot to the game. You build the environment as you play. With your portals you add bridges and lasers to go where you want. Of course it will be very confusing and sometimes you will have to stop everything you're doing just to think "How the heck will this work" or something like that.

Media.

I took some screen shots (Using Xfire) and I uploaded a little film with my gameplay to Youtube.(Recorded with Fraps)

Watch in 1080p!

Screen shots:

I picked this up for the PS3 on the day it came out. I must say I love it. The graphics are very good on the ps3, so it isn't just your pc. The water detail, the fire detail... everything looks good, but yet keeps the simple style. I have yet to play the co-op, but I am hoping it'll be good.
04-22-2011, 03:39 AM #10
ForeverBailey
Find me on Steam.
The graphics look awesome, I never played the first Portal so I had no idea what it was like, and the portal gun thing reminds me of Darksiders with the Portal thing on that. It looks sweet, but even if its good, would you say its worth buying at full price? (£35)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo