03-23-2012, 03:29 AM #1
MrJC
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Zynga Acquires OMGPOP Developer of Draw Something
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: MrJC // 3/22/12

You must login or register to view this content.

Zynga the maker of giant social games such as FarmVille and Mafia wars has once again purchased a studio that has made a game bigger than any of theirs. Zynga has just purchased OMGPOP creators of Draw Something, the addicting drawing game that's available for Android and iOS devices. Draw Something was released six weeks ago and since then it has not stop growing at an amazing rate. The successful application was able to become the number one app in the paid, free, and top grossing categories for iOS devices. Zynga recognized the potential the game had and decided to buy the whole studio that made it. Details of the purchase have not been revealed but sources inside of the studio are saying the deal was closed at around $220 million.

This isn't the first time Zynga buys a small studio that has made a game that tops any of their games. Zynga purchased the creators of Words With Friends last year and they were able to double their daily users in about 120 days, similar results are expected for Draw Something which already has 20.5 million daily users.

The following user thanked MrJC for this useful post:

Wondoh
03-23-2012, 03:36 AM #2
inb4 the game is ruined, Zynga failz
03-23-2012, 04:01 AM #3
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
I wonder what kind of gimmick they will create. New words for money or some kind of bs. I think a 3 way or duel type of mode would be cool! One person draws and the first person to guess what they drew correctly gets to draw.
03-23-2012, 04:25 AM #4
Default Avatar
Cade
If they would have waited a year I'm sure they could have gotten over $1 billion, if they would have waited two they could have bought Zynga.
03-23-2012, 05:11 AM #5
AJ
iiAJ28 - vAJ28v
I love Draw My Thing.. =D Its beast..
03-23-2012, 07:30 AM #6
Sir Zee
< ^ > < ^ >
This game is very Addicting its like the new addiction of temple run
03-23-2012, 10:06 AM #7
Wondoh
Former Staff
Wow great article, we are currently studying mergers and acquisitions in business so I can use this as an example :happycry:
03-23-2012, 08:50 PM #8
MrJC
League Champion
Originally posted by Team
if they would have waited two they could have bought Zynga.

Not really because eventually the game would start losing active users and stop making the amount of money they are making right now, with that said OMGPOP could've made around $800 million in about 8-10 months.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Originally posted by Wondoh View Post
Wow great article, we are currently studying mergers and acquisitions in business so I can use this as an example :happycry:

thanks man =D
03-23-2012, 09:25 PM #9
streamwood
Gunsmoke James Arness
woow zygna..
03-23-2012, 11:41 PM #10
Default Avatar
Cade
Originally posted by MrJC View Post
Not really because eventually the game would start losing active users and stop making the amount of money they are making right now, with that said OMGPOP could've made around $800 million in about 8-10 months.

It's called a joke. :yuno:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo