12-10-2009, 11:56 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Playstation Network Premium Subscription
You must login or register to view this content.

There has been allot of talk about Playstation Network premium subscription. Recently Kaz Hirai gave a presentation regarding PSN premium subscription. In the presentation he confirmed that it will be coming in 2010.

Originally posted by SCEA
We are looking into a variety of options but have nothing to announce at this point in time."

On Thursday, November 19th there was a presentation by Sony. During the presentation Kaz Hirai confirmed the plans. "We will be building upon our current free [PSN] service offering with premium content and services to start the subscription model"

Originally posted by Kaz
"SCE will further increase sales by offering users new entertainment through the combination of hardware, software, peripheral, and PlayStation Network. Especially in the online area, we are studying the possibility of introducing a subscription model, offering premium content and services, in addition to the current free services."

The following 7 users say thank you to The Situation for this useful post:

-Lazy-, Cuddler, Karnage, NanuGama, Newfie, Stub Hero, WhiteGuyOnline
12-11-2009, 12:47 AM #2
NanuGama
YouTube.com/NanuGama
Good post.
Thank God they're not charging for total online service like Xbox LIVE.
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM #3
AgentJon
Former Staff
Saw this posted, Gasp, but whatever, good stuff keep it free.
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM #4
^5  
1337 hackor :P
maybe xbox can stop bragging about how their online is better now, even though its hardly that good.
12-11-2009, 02:12 AM #5
blaize 9
Trustworthy level 1- Woot
well xbox has dedicated servers, that some one has to pay for so the uptime on xboxes servers will be higher
12-11-2009, 02:23 AM #6
Originally posted by AgentPigJon View Post
Saw this posted, Gasp, but whatever, good stuff keep it free.

It wasn't posted in news, it will get more exposure here.
12-11-2009, 02:47 AM #7
Shadow_Killer
UnderCover Adrninistrator
Originally posted by One View Post
It wasn't posted in news, it will get more exposure here.

But it was still posted. but your right it will get more exposed here
12-11-2009, 05:58 PM #8
LegenD
Proxze
360 pwns! Better than PS3 and it is obv! x
12-11-2009, 06:09 PM #9
ßüggèr
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by blaize
well xbox has dedicated servers, that some one has to pay for so the uptime on xboxes servers will be higher

LMAOOOOO

no.

PS3 has dedicated servers, and 360 is peer 2 peer matchmaking crap like MW2, don't believe me, play KZ2, Resistance , Warhawk etc, all dedi servers. I don't know of a single non-MMO on 360 with dedi servers

its good to know that Premium PSN won't be charging for what we have already, I think they would cause a revolt if they did.
12-11-2009, 08:07 PM #10
NP Carling26
Trolling is a art
Originally posted by r View Post
LMAOOOOO

no.

PS3 has dedicated servers, and 360 is peer 2 peer matchmaking crap like MW2, don't believe me, play KZ2, Resistance , Warhawk etc, all dedi servers. I don't know of a single non-MMO on 360 with dedi servers

its good to know that Premium PSN won't be charging for what we have already, I think they would cause a revolt if they did.

Firstly this thread is about Premium PSN, not a PS3 vs. 360 Flamewar. Secondly, the 360 has better servers hosted by a more dedicated company. These servers produce far less lag then the cheaper ones hosted by a third part on Sony's terms.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo