01-23-2010, 11:34 AM #1
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Geohot is back (hacked the Iphone with jailbreak), on a recent blog post claims to be the first one who hacked the PS3 system.
The hacking process took over 3 years, so we can say it's a pretty secure system eh?

Originally posted by another user
I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me, as I now have dumps of LV0 and LV1. I've also dumped the NAND without removing it or a modchip.

3 years, 2 months, 11 days...thats a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from iPhoneMod Brasil for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long Smile

As far as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also, for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find the decryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware. Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

Flashed PS3 systems/ISO disc booting?
Discuss!

-Oc

The following user thanked Oc for this useful post:

+sFx. FeLiciTy
01-23-2010, 11:40 AM #2
OOOOOhhh i'm so excited! It would be sooo awesome to download games onto PS3! Can you post the link?
01-23-2010, 11:42 AM #3
Tomes
Banned
wat does this mean? wat can he do with his hacked ps3 tht we cant...
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM #4
SavagedPixel
Can’t trickshot me!
WoW the Ps3 is a secure system.
01-23-2010, 11:54 AM #5
I'm not exactly sure what this means.
Why would it make a difference?
01-23-2010, 12:24 PM #6
It might mean we can download PS3 games off the internet then play them on the modded PS3, like the 360. I might buy another PS3 on the cheap for this :p
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM #7
eXoSkeleton
PSN: IceCold138
lol ya too bad these games are gonna be huge!!!!

PRIME EXAMPLE: UNCHARTED 2: 25 GIGS!!!
01-23-2010, 02:32 PM #8
Polo v2
Formerly chandlerrain
i doubt UC2 would take 25GB and if it did then you either wont dload it or you better have a big HDD
01-23-2010, 04:08 PM #9
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
Originally posted by chandlerain View Post
i doubt UC2 would take 25GB and if it did then you either wont dload it or you better have a big HDD

it would due to the fact ps3 runs off Blu-ray discs which can hold about 40gb of data and UNC 2 will ue a lot of that space...

you'd also need a blu ray drive to burn them to disc unless you could boot them from the ps3's HDD (like you can with psp .iso's)
01-23-2010, 04:44 PM #10
Mateen
pretty chill guy
Guys geohot is not an advocate of piracy...some other group would have to get in it before that happens. Plus it's probably a hardware hack, like most of his are, I am interested in seeing how he did it..
Last edited by Mateen ; 01-23-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo