07-26-2015, 01:46 AM #1
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU
It's obvious VPN's running on a PC/Laptop cannot receive an Open NAT type due to not being from your home network.
So I was considering purchasing a high classed VPN router,do the higher classed VPN routers provide ddos protection and since the VPN will be running on my home network will I be able to have an Open NAT type?
07-26-2015, 10:20 AM #2
Adrian
Adrian is back!
Originally posted by N0R View Post
Hey NGU
It's obvious VPN's running on a PC/Laptop cannot receive an Open NAT type due to not being from your home network.
So I was considering purchasing a high classed VPN router,do the higher classed VPN routers provide ddos protection and since the VPN will be running on my home network will I be able to have an Open NAT type?

I don't think you will be able to get an OPEN NAT type while using a vpn.
07-26-2015, 11:25 AM #3
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Adrian. View Post
I don't think you will be able to get an OPEN NAT type while using a vpn.

True,I'm not sure though if the VPN routers work the same as network VPN's,though being on a home network using a VPN router i would have thought opening NAT types would not be an issue.
07-26-2015, 11:28 AM #4
Adrian
Adrian is back!
True,I'm not sure though if the VPN routers work the same as network VPN's,though being on a home network using a VPN router i would have thought opening NAT types would not be an issue.

Yeah it probably does sort of work the same, you could try something like port forwarding.
07-26-2015, 11:39 AM #5
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Yeah that's what I mean,to open the NAT type of bo2 requires ports forwarded to the IP,since VPN networks place you on a separate network port forwarding will not work,I've even attempted port forwarding using airVPN as they allow port forwarding on there servers,however with no success...using a VPN router may differ being on the home network,I was hoping an individual who has attempted this could share there outcome!
07-26-2015, 11:40 AM #6
Default Avatar
Kas

It does work similarly, but there's no reason you couldn't port forward.

Here's a little article about the differences You must login or register to view this content.
07-26-2015, 12:34 PM #7
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Kas View Post
It does work similarly, but there's no reason you couldn't port forward.

Here's a little article about the differences You must login or register to view this content.

Useful,thank you Kas
07-26-2015, 12:37 PM #8
Default Avatar
Kas
Useful,thank you Kas

You're welcome, you need any further help? Or can I close this?
07-26-2015, 02:22 PM #9
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Kas View Post
You're welcome, you need any further help? Or can I close this?

Go ahead and close,thanks Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo