01-23-2017, 10:11 AM #1
ymh
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just wondering if I can stick a white cech30XX Case on my Cech2102. Reason I as is I wanna gets a new ofw ps3 as I got rid of my last one when I moved and I wanna get a white case for cfw. Sure I could paint it but I want another ofw so if I can just swap the cases I will.
01-23-2017, 05:54 PM #2
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
I don't think switching a different model's case with your model's case would work. i would be amazed.
01-24-2017, 03:18 AM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by JFT View Post
Just wondering if I can stick a white cech30XX Case on my Cech2102. Reason I as is I wanna gets a new ofw ps3 as I got rid of my last one when I moved and I wanna get a white case for cfw. Sure I could paint it but I want another ofw so if I can just swap the cases I will.

i dont see why not? whats the Difference
01-24-2017, 07:56 AM #4
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
i dont see why not? whats the Difference

I can't check to see if frame the motherboard sits in will fit in the opposite models case. But since I no longer have a 3000 series I have no way to check. Though I'm sure it will fit best ask someone who knows before buying one. As for differences from what I can remember from when I pulled my old ofw apart only real difference was some parts where improved and made from cheaper martial but over all shape was same from memory but like I said it possible the the frame that sits around mother board is different but as idk gotta ask
01-24-2017, 08:01 AM #5
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Pyr00HD View Post
I don't think switching a different model's case with your model's case would work. i would be amazed.

The over all shape is same. Though the DVD drive and frame that motherboard goes in is what worries me measurement wise. Though might fit. Only thing is if it does fit I'll needa remove WiFi led or it would like stupid. Would be easier to paint it but I would like the official case if I can use it.
01-24-2017, 08:15 AM #6
Kronos
Former Staff
I can't check to see if frame the motherboard sits in will fit in the opposite models case. But since I no longer have a 3000 series I have no way to check. Though I'm sure it will fit best ask someone who knows before buying one. As for differences from what I can remember from when I pulled my old ofw apart only real difference was some parts where improved and made from cheaper martial but over all shape was same from memory but like I said it possible the the frame that sits around mother board is different but as idk gotta ask

i have a 3k and my 25xx jb and the cases look exactly yhe same lol, except that the 3k disc tray is a little duller, i havent taken them apart tho so i wouldnt know the insides
01-24-2017, 09:25 AM #7
Pyr00HD
Do a barrel roll!
The over all shape is same. Though the DVD drive and frame that motherboard goes in is what worries me measurement wise. Though might fit. Only thing is if it does fit I'll needa remove WiFi led or it would like stupid. Would be easier to paint it but I would like the official case if I can use it.

i have a 3k and my 25xx jb and the cases look exactly yhe same lol, except that the 3k disc tray is a little duller, i havent taken them apart tho so i wouldnt know the insides

The contents inside are place in different places Example: 25xx's battery is on the left, 30xx's battery is on the right. got it? it may not fit.
01-24-2017, 09:46 AM #8
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Pyr00HD View Post
The contents inside are place in different places Example: 25xx's battery is on the left, 30xx's battery is on the right. got it? it may not fit.

ahhh i see, well i guess the only way to find out if it fits is to try tears he might be able to get a cheap OFW somewhere

The following user thanked Kronos for this useful post:

Dro
01-24-2017, 12:26 PM #9
ymh
Treasure hunter
ahhh i see, well i guess the only way to find out if it fits is to try tears he might be able to get a cheap OFW somewhere

Guess I'm gonna have to just go and find out. If it don't fit I'll just leave white case on of and replace my cfws case with old ylod consoles case an paint it. Though I can't think of how to make a slim look G
Good if I paint one. I use to have a indigo cechj with red leds. That looked okay but that I think it would look awful onbut a slim.
Maybe gray with purple leds? Might be ugly on a ps3. Looks good on Xbox though
Last edited by ymh ; 01-24-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo