09-22-2019, 06:59 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, I found this PS3 slim (CECH-2504B) near a dumpster so I took it and I was hoping to jailbreak it and then give it to a friend so we can both have jailbroken consoles. The first time I plugged it to the power the red light appeared. Once I pressed the power button it beeped and everything started as it should but after 5 seconds the fan stopped and the green light completely turned off (it didn't go red it just turned off) and when I pressed the power button then it became red and the cycle continues.

I searched this problem online and people say that it's either a faulty PSU or it has the YLOD. I swapped the PSU for another one from my working slim console but still the same problem. As for the old PSU I tried changing the potentiometers but I accidentally turned them all the way to the right thinking that was the right thing to do but that didn't help either.

I also tried reballing the CPU and the GPU 3 times, 1 with a hairdryer and 2 times with a heat gun but the same problem occurred (I used the working PSU to test and not the one that I changed the potentiometers)

I'm thinking 2 things:
1. Either every PSU's potentiometers have to be set to the correct position for each motherboard (so just because my PSU works on 1 motherboard it doesn't mean that it is gonna work with every motherboard)

2. Or I completely fried the motherboard but I don't know if that's true cause if it was fried it wouldn't even turn on for those 5 seconds, right?

Does anyone know how to fix this? Are my 2 thoughts correct?
05-17-2020, 01:56 PM #2
Bump.
07-03-2020, 12:07 AM #3
Yup that exactly like mine, with the same model too lmao. This is a break dude. Your software is breaked

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo