12-08-2014, 10:18 PM #1
xBeNDeRx
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, so my ps3 decided one day it was going to stop reading games. Sometimes it will read them for a little bit then it'll freeze and I'll have to force shut off my system. It plays movies just fine. I restored to default settings, removed the hard drive and put it back in. The only thing I haven't done is a soft reset. But I'm almost 100% it's the laser that needs replaced so I don't think it's worth it to reset it. There's a place in town that fixes them for $60. Should I take it in? Or is there another thing I can try to fix this myself?
12-08-2014, 10:37 PM #2
I think you should take it in because if you try to fix it yourself and mess something up that cant be fixed you would have to buy new laser and/or bluray drive all together.
12-08-2014, 10:53 PM #3
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by xBeNDeRx View Post
Hey guys, so my ps3 decided one day it was going to stop reading games. Sometimes it will read them for a little bit then it'll freeze and I'll have to force shut off my system. It plays movies just fine. I restored to default settings, removed the hard drive and put it back in. The only thing I haven't done is a soft reset. But I'm almost 100% it's the laser that needs replaced so I don't think it's worth it to reset it. There's a place in town that fixes them for $60. Should I take it in? Or is there another thing I can try to fix this myself?

How much is the shop going to charge you to fix it?

The part you require will only cost £15.

I would change it yourself if the shop is charging a lot over £15

If you tell me what model of PS3 you got, CECH-??? i can tell you what laser you need.
Last edited by DIRTY SMASHER ; 12-08-2014 at 10:56 PM.
12-09-2014, 03:00 AM #4
xBeNDeRx
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DIRTY
How much is the shop going to charge you to fix it?

The part you require will only cost £15.

I would change it yourself if the shop is charging a lot over £15

If you tell me what model of PS3 you got, CECH-??? i can tell you what laser you need.

I'm not entirely sure the laser is the problem though. Games will work for a little bit sometimes, then after awhile it sounds like the disc won't spin anymore. And the shop charges $60.
12-09-2014, 03:10 AM #5
xBeNDeRx
Do a barrel roll!
Just tried a non bluray movie and it worked just fine.
12-09-2014, 03:31 AM #6
Ahem Blu Ray Drive

The following user thanked LightningMods for this useful post:

xBeNDeRx
12-09-2014, 04:23 AM #7
xBeNDeRx
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by LightningMods View Post
Ahem Blu Ray Drive

Yea that's definitely what it is. I'm just going to take it in. It's worth the $60 to have someone that knows what they're doing fix it than to have me mess with it.
12-09-2014, 11:42 AM #8
Yep thats your nest bet
12-09-2014, 08:56 PM #9
Best bet

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo