12-20-2014, 02:53 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The other day my brother reformatted my USB Pen and installed Windows 8.1 on it to use as an installer on his laptop, I reformatted the USB pen again to get rid of Windows 8.1 on the drive and to be able to use it again (I made sure it was formatted in FAT32) but now my PS3 won't pick up my USB pen at all even though my PC does.

Anyone else ever had this issue? Any solutions?

Cheers
12-20-2014, 04:38 AM #2
Synergy
Big Daddy
If it works on your PC but not your PS3 and you already have it formatted to FAT 32 there may be a problem with your USB ports on your PS3.
12-20-2014, 03:21 PM #3
Originally posted by Synergy View Post
If it works on your PC but not your PS3 and you already have it formatted to FAT 32 there may be a problem with your USB ports on your PS3.

I have my fan plugged into one of my USB ports and it works fine, I even switched the ports around, the USB pen flashes when it's plugged into both :/ The only issue is that it's not picking up the drive
12-20-2014, 03:37 PM #4
snos2
Banned
format to fat 32 check default allocation unit is 4096
12-20-2014, 05:20 PM #5
He's already said that he's made sure it's formatted in FAT32..

Try doing a full format & not a quick format, then come back to this thread if the error persists

Also, how big is the USB drive?
12-22-2014, 05:42 AM #6
Originally posted by 15 View Post
He's already said that he's made sure it's formatted in FAT32..

Try doing a full format & not a quick format, then come back to this thread if the error persists

Also, how big is the USB drive?

Done a full format still the exact same issue :/ The drive is 14.4GB, I was allocating 8192MB to the drive before posting this thread up, so I tried 4096MB like the guy above suggested but still nothing also.

This is so confusing! Why has is just stopped working on my ps3 all of a sudden :(
12-22-2014, 03:29 PM #7
It's pretty strange.
Do you have CFW? If you do, could you load up a manager like MultiMan & use the file manager to see if that picks it up?
12-22-2014, 04:48 PM #8
Scatman
I am error
Format using this You must login or register to view this content. (click picture to download)

Leave everything alone by default and just format the usb. Don't change the alloc setting.

I formatted my 1tb using this program and it works on my ps3 and pc/mac
12-22-2014, 06:06 PM #9
Originally posted by Scatman View Post
Format using this You must login or register to view this content. (click picture to download)

Leave everything alone by default and just format the usb. Don't change the alloc setting.

I formatted my 1tb using this program and it works on my ps3 and pc/mac

This uses the same protocol as Windows to format storage devices, I suppose it's still worth a try.

If you want to get a serious, try a low level format, using the low level format tool (Google will find the one & only tool.) this doesn't just remove the partition table, it completely destroys it & let's you start fresh, as it were.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo