01-01-2015, 10:15 PM #1
Slick
Anxiety
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I just got an Elgato hd60 and come to figure out that it does not support ps3. I read around about ways to bypass the hdcp protection the ps3 has using a hdmi splitter. Is this true? Does anyone have an Elgato hd60 and is able to record their ps3? Thanks!

EDIT: I bought an hdmi splitter and everything worked out. I can now record my ps3 gameplay! Thanks for your help guys! Happy
Last edited by Slick ; 01-08-2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Found a solution
01-05-2015, 03:23 PM #2
iHaxel
We're no strangers to love
Originally posted by I View Post
I just got an Elgato hd60 and come to figure out that it does not support ps3. I read around about ways to bypass the hdcp protection the ps3 has using a hdmi splitter. Is this true? Does anyone have an Elgato hd60 and is able to record their ps3? Thanks!

Yes, I heard from my friend you have to get a lot of stuff in order to make it work.

The following user thanked iHaxel for this useful post:

01-05-2015, 11:44 PM #3
Slick
Anxiety
Originally posted by iHaxel View Post
Yes, I heard from my friend you have to get a lot of stuff in order to make it work.

I looked on youtube and the guy had the same setup as me and said I just needed an hdmi splitter. So I ordered one off amazon for $20. I'll let you know how everything goes.
01-08-2015, 01:51 PM #4
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Originally posted by SlickBoyRick View Post
I just got an Elgato hd60 and come to figure out that it does not support ps3. I read around about ways to bypass the hdcp protection the ps3 has using a hdmi splitter. Is this true? Does anyone have an Elgato hd60 and is able to record their ps3? Thanks!

Can you use a PS3 AV cable?
01-08-2015, 04:25 PM #5
Slick
Anxiety
Originally posted by Joel View Post
Can you use a PS3 AV cable?

I bought an hdmi splitter and I got it hooked up. Everything is working perfectly. I'm using 3 hdmi cables :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo