04-12-2015, 11:10 PM #1
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); When i go to Network Settings >> Easy it takes a long time to load then it says "The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out.". And when i go to Custom >> Wired Connection >> Auto-Detect >> Automatic >> Do Not Set >> Automatic >> Automatic >> Do Not Use >> Enable, then i test the connection and it only has Obtain IP Address and Internet Connection and it fails when Obtaining Ip Address... This has recently happened to me idk why. What do i do?
04-12-2015, 11:20 PM #2
what do you connect to the internet through? a dsl router?

the problem is the device on your network that gives out the ip addresses is not doing that.

it could be a connection issue. it could be a broken router or dhcp is not available/turned off.

look at your pc ip address details and then copy the same to the ps3 but on the main ip address change the last 2 digits to something random less than 53.
04-13-2015, 12:00 AM #3
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by privateuser3250 View Post
what do you connect to the internet through? a dsl router?

the problem is the device on your network that gives out the ip addresses is not doing that.

it could be a connection issue. it could be a broken router or dhcp is not available/turned off.

look at your pc ip address details and then copy the same to the ps3 but on the main ip address change the last 2 digits to something random less than 53.

i have a router, i thought of that but i wouldn't know how to get all that information from
04-13-2015, 12:04 AM #4
Originally posted by FozeQuickFap View Post
i have a router, i thought of that but i wouldn't know how to get all that information from

on your pc network connection settings

or open up a command prompt and type

" ipconfig /all " (press return)

it should show you all the ip config stuff for your pc.

in there is ip address, gateway and dns servers

the ip address is unique to the pc and the gateway and dns servers are common to all devices.

so copy those settings onto to ps3 network settings (custom) but change the ip address eg. if the pc's ip addres is 192.168.1.2 then use 192.168.1.20 for the ps3.
04-13-2015, 12:06 AM #5
of course have you got the latest cfw 4.70 or at least spoofing to 4.70 ?
04-13-2015, 12:22 AM #6
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!
on your pc network connection settings

or open up a command prompt and type

" ipconfig /all " (press return)

it should show you all the ip config stuff for your pc.

in there is ip address, gateway and dns servers

the ip address is unique to the pc and the gateway and dns servers are common to all devices.

so copy those settings onto to ps3 network settings (custom) but change the ip address eg. if the pc's ip addres is 192.168.1.2 then use 192.168.1.20 for the ps3.

Ok thanks i did this the connection is successful but all it is, is Obtain IP Adress and Internet Conection when testing it? what happened to the rest?
04-13-2015, 12:23 AM #7
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!
of course have you got the latest cfw 4.70 or at least spoofing to 4.70 ?

yeah im all up to date but this happened to me all of a sudden. But when i test the connection it only dispays Obtain IP Address and Internet Connection...
04-13-2015, 12:27 AM #8
Originally posted by FozeQuickFap View Post
yeah im all up to date but this happened to me all of a sudden. But when i test the connection it only dispays Obtain IP Address and Internet Connection...

what cfw are you using and any apps like sen or psn patch?
and can you now connect to psn?
04-13-2015, 12:53 AM #9
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!

spoofed too 4.70 ita dex, Homebrew i have; PSN Patch 4.70.02 [stealth version], CFW Setup v4.9.9, IRISMAN v3.2, reActPSN 1.10&3.16 Mount Games from XMB, Pokemon Leaf Green, PSNinja_v4,Rebug Tool Box, CCAPI, PS3ITA Manager v1.51 and Multiman
04-13-2015, 12:53 AM #10
FozeQuickFap
Do a barrel roll!

Im console banned by the way...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo