06-11-2015, 03:26 PM #1
iDon
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I bought a PS3 for a couple of bucks. Now I know what was wrong because the guy told me. Thing is it has s green light and there's no video or audio. It won't go pass the green light. Just stays there. Can't shut it off by the power button once is on. Have to pull the plug. I tried putting thermal paste on it. Put pennies for pressure and nothing. Any fix for this? Could it be that it needs to be reballed or reflowed?
06-12-2015, 07:52 AM #2
Jimmy
Supreme
Originally posted by xX View Post
I bought a PS3 for a couple of bucks. Now I know what was wrong because the guy told me. Thing is it has s green light and there's no video or audio. It won't go pass the green light. Just stays there. Can't shut it off by the power button once is on. Have to pull the plug. I tried putting thermal paste on it. Put pennies for pressure and nothing. Any fix for this? Could it be that it needs to be reballed or reflowed?

Can you go into recovery mode?
06-12-2015, 07:53 AM #3
I bought a PS3 for a couple of bucks. Now I know what was wrong because the guy told me. Thing is it has s green light and there's no video or audio. It won't go pass the green light. Just stays there. Can't shut it off by the power button once is on. Have to pull the plug. I tried putting thermal paste on it. Put pennies for pressure and nothing. Any fix for this? Could it be that it needs to be reballed or reflowed?

Yes needs reballing as the solderpoints have probably melted or are damaged on the sinks.
06-12-2015, 08:11 AM #4
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Puggles View Post
Can you go into recovery mode?

no i cannot
06-12-2015, 10:07 AM #5
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
no i cannot

Did the original owner attempt a downgrade? if so,maybe a brick due to a failed downgrade? more info if possible ;-)
06-12-2015, 01:52 PM #6
NickBeHaxing
Stoner Zone

Something is defiantly wrong with the console. If the controllers cannot pair on top of the current issues your having you need to either reflow or reball the gpu chip . I've had this problem before and I fixed it by reballing the chip
06-13-2015, 09:18 PM #7
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by N0R View Post
Did the original owner attempt a downgrade? if so,maybe a brick due to a failed downgrade? more info if possible ;-)

no. no downgrade attempted.
06-13-2015, 09:19 PM #8
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by NickBeHaxing View Post
Something is defiantly wrong with the console. If the controllers cannot pair on top of the current issues your having you need to either reflow or reball the gpu chip . I've had this problem before and I fixed it by reballing the chip

is there a easy way to reflow it or reball it at home? like an easy and cheap way
06-13-2015, 09:54 PM #9
NickBeHaxing
Stoner Zone
is there a easy way to reflow it or reball it at home? like an easy and cheap way

Works for a ghetto reflow fix You must login or register to view this content.

Reballing is hard and is impossible to do at home without the right tools...

Worked for me 60% of the time...
06-15-2015, 03:14 AM #10
Chris
Former Staff
If the light is green then it's not the YLOD, it's the GLOD. I found this article on Google, hopefully it will be of use to you. You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo