Post: How is a PS3 save DECRYPTED - what is the process without using a program?
08-02-2016, 02:06 PM #1
CPUzX
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, my question is:
How exactly is a PS3 save decrypted (by a program), and how can it be decrypted without a program, can it be decrypted with a hex editor alone, or has it got to do with discovering your console ID & account ID and implanting them into the save?

Please can someone clarify?
I'm hoping the same steps also apply for the PS Vita, and I'd like to improve my limited knowledge on encryption in order to get somewhere with it, but I have no idea where to start.

Would reincrypting/rehashing a save file be the reverse step of decrypting? I don't even know where to start with any of this...
Thanks
08-02-2016, 08:14 PM #2
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by CPUzX View Post
Hello, my question is:
How exactly is a PS3 save decrypted (by a program), and how can it be decrypted without a program, can it be decrypted with a hex editor alone, or has it got to do with discovering your console ID & account ID and implanting them into the save?

I'm hoping the same steps also apply for the PS Vita, and I'd like to improve my limited knowledge on encryption in order to get somewhere with it, but I have no idea where to start.

Would reincrypting/rehashing a save file be the reverse step of decrypting? I don't even know where to start with any of this...
Thanks

Use bruteforce Savedata.
You must login or register to view this content.
08-02-2016, 08:29 PM #3
CPUzX
Haxor!
Originally posted by avatar1o1234 View Post
Use bruteforce Savedata.
You must login or register to view this content.

"How exactly is a PS3 save decrypted (by a program)" not: what program do I use to decrypt a save.
08-02-2016, 09:11 PM #4
Samurai Poster
"How exactly is a PS3 save decrypted (by a program)" not: what program do I use to decrypt a save.

Ohhhh.
08-03-2016, 12:00 AM #5
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Hello, my question is:

Thanks

The saves are encrypted on the PS3 at the save point, no you can't use hex to decrypt saves, brute force and xploder are the best programs for decryption, and yes your console ID and PSiD is in the save but programs no longer give the option of viewing the console ID as ppl where stealing IDs this way.
08-03-2016, 06:16 PM #6
Klots
COD Recovery
Hello, my question is:

Thanks

The saves can be decrypted/modified but its a complex process which i dont understand completely.
Your PARAM.SFO file in any account registered on your ps3 system will contain the PSID/CID which you must use to update/assign your save, so it can used on the system.

Bruteforce is the best option as startup for understanding the basics and will do everything you expect.

As for encryption/hash, i have no idea.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo