07-17-2020, 11:54 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I wanted to start playing a game on PS3 (Trusty Bells) and i followed tutorials on how to resign and/or how to add cheats but everything time I do something to the save, it becomes corrupted on the PS3 Memory Transfer option....

I am on the latest OFW but from what I understand, it will work on OFW as well.

general steps I've taken
1) Downloaded Brute Force
2) Got a save from a random game I played and set that as base template
3) Chopin save i'm trying to resign and/or cheat ==> I decrypt it under Brute Force
4) I click on PARAM.SFO at the bottom left and change ID / I've also tried doing it via Update Account ID (all)
4a) I've also tried adding cheats (and also without)
5) The list shows my ID do i update PFD
5a) I've also tried REBUILD on the right.
6) Insert it PS3, save is corrupted.
07-18-2020, 02:33 PM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by djricekcn View Post
I wanted to start playing a game on PS3 (Trusty Bells) and i followed tutorials on how to resign and/or how to add cheats but everything time I do something to the save, it becomes corrupted on the PS3 Memory Transfer option....

I am on the latest OFW but from what I understand, it will work on OFW as well.

general steps I've taken
1) Downloaded Brute Force
2) Got a save from a random game I played and set that as base template
3) Chopin save i'm trying to resign and/or cheat ==> I decrypt it under Brute Force
4) I click on PARAM.SFO at the bottom left and change ID / I've also tried doing it via Update Account ID (all)
4a) I've also tried adding cheats (and also without)
5) The list shows my ID do i update PFD
5a) I've also tried REBUILD on the right.
6) Insert it PS3, save is corrupted.

Been a while since I used BruteForce, but...

Did you re-encrypt after you changed the account info? Listing steps below but you usually do not need all steps. Look for things you might have missed.

Basically:

(1) you take the save, decrypt everything inside it except I don't think you need to decrypt param.sfo because if I recall it's not encrypted to begin with.

(2) Then you update the profile on everything to match the one you want. You only need to do this if it isn't your save.

(3) Make sure the region is yours. If it's not, it's really quick and easy to change the region. You can do it from a dropdown menu. US is something like BLUS and then a number, EU is something like BLES. You literally just change that.

(3) Then if you want to add a quick cheat, do it, or if you want to hex edit do that. Entirely optional. Depends on what you're doing.

(3a) Only if you're using quick cheats or hex edit: Make sure you update checksums. It should show up on the list off quick cheats. For instance if you're hex editing, just edit what you want, save it, then go into quick cheats and 2 are probably already selected and probably at the very end of the list, and if you look at them they're probably listed as "update checksums" (I'm hedging my language only because this is the way I've seen it but it's been years and maybe there are variations). If you're using quick cheats, again the checksum fields are already selected so just leave them there and you should be good. For instance if the only cheat you select is "max money" you might notice that the menu shows "3 cheats selected", not 1. This is normal, and necessary.

(4) Re-encrypt the files, but only after you're sure of the above. Again, I don't think param.sfo needs to be encrypted but again, I can't be sure. It's just been too long and I'm too old.

(5) If you want, you can "verify" the save and see a bunch of "OK"s to give you peace of mind. I don't recall what the "Rebuild" function does but I don't recall using it much or at all.

There might be some games that are trickier than others. Some games just save in odd ways. Good luck.
07-19-2020, 04:18 AM #3
I did do that, i do get OK on everything when i verify but it just shows corrupted on the saves.

I only tried it for Trusty Bells and original Totori (not the rebuild) but stills hows as CORRUPTED when I reencrypt it.
07-19-2020, 03:43 PM #4
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
I did do that, i do get OK on everything when i verify but it just shows corrupted on the saves.

I only tried it for Trusty Bells and original Totori (not the rebuild) but stills hows as CORRUPTED when I reencrypt it.

If you want to take some captures I'd be happy to look over anything to see if I can spot what might be happening. PM works well for me. If you want to keep it in this thread, I'd recommend using the "quote" function (on one of my posts) so I get a notification of it, otherwise I might miss that you're written back.

Otherwise, all I could recommend is just making sure there isn't one small thing you're missing (e.g., different region, or maybe setting up an incomplete profile), or cross-checking what you're doing against a video you find helpful.

EDIT: When it shows up as corrupted, here's on way to isolate whether there's something going wrong with the process, as opposed to a problem with the save you've downloaded: Try taking your own save off of your PS3. Decrypt and re-encrypt it. Add a cheat if you want (before re-encryption). Put it back on your PS3. It it showing as corrupted? If no, and it works, then it might be that there's something up with the save you're trying to resign -- although it also might be something up with the way you're trying to resign it.

EDIT 2: Have you checked out this thread? This is how I learned how to use BSD, years ago:
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by aeneax ; 07-19-2020 at 03:51 PM.
07-28-2020, 12:57 AM #5
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

yeah, rebuilding / reencrypting my own save becomes corrupted too...adding or without adding cheats.
07-28-2020, 02:42 PM #6
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

yeah, rebuilding / reencrypting my own save becomes corrupted too...adding or without adding cheats.

Again, I'm not sure what rebuilding does. I haven't used it.

Perhaps try a save from a different game? Or two ideas actually:

(1) Try making a save from one of your other PS3 games. Decrypt it, re-encrypt it. Don't add cheats or do anything fancy. If it works you can try to add more and more to see what's throwing it off. If it doesn't work then something else might be up, unless there's some shared common denominator between the two games.

And/or (2) Download a save from one of the other PS3 save threads here. Make sure it's not a CFW save. Either OFW, or most of the unlabeled ones should be OFW. See if you can get that one to work.

Also, if you could send me a link to a Trusty Bells save, I'd be happy to see if I can get it to work with a copy of BSD on my end.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo