01-20-2009, 09:14 PM #1
xSOADx
Banana Joe
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So Sony confirmed that Update 2.6 will be released 2morrow

Originally posted by another user

20 January 2008:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) is pleased to announce the latest upgrade (system software update version 2.60) for PlayStation 3(PS3). The PS3 experience is about more than just games; it's also about movies, pictures, music, video and more.

This is in part thanks to PlayStationNetwork, the online space that opens up a world of new and exciting entertainment offerings. Following on from the success of the last enhancement to the service, version 2.60 is available to download from January 21, 2009 and comes with a host of new features that will give PS3 owners an even better experience.

First is the new Photo Gallery application where you can group photos in various ways including by date and time, by event or by the number of people in the photos - you can even create a playlist that groups expressions (e.g. smiles) or age categories, like adults and children.

You can also create a playlist of selected photos and select a photo frame for the playlist, which can also be played with your own music tracks - ideal for saving your family or holiday photos in a way that's simple to access and easy to enjoy.

But the new features don't end there: Sony Computer Entertainment have now added the ability to play DivX 3.11 encoded video files - great for reliving some of those hilarious home video moments.

Plus, if you've always wanted to see what PlayStationStore has to offer but haven't yet registered on PlayStation Network, those days are now over. Simply go and take a look at the latest trailers, games demos, exclusive content and loads more at the click of a button, before you decide to create a PlayStation Network account.

The following 8 users say thank you to xSOADx for this useful post:

Batman™, Brodyf11, Buster52, elfmotat, GuyAlmighty, laTex, Legend-PlayerX,
01-20-2009, 09:21 PM #2
AgentJon
Former Staff
ewww, photos? thanks for posting though.
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM #3
Buster52
To Cool For School
hmmm a photo upgrade sounds gd anyway.
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM #4
Dandyman2
The Only Krazy
pretty boring update.
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM #5
xSOADx
Banana Joe
yeah i know, but maybe there is sth else, i hope so :p
01-20-2009, 10:07 PM #6
AgentJon
Former Staff
like that one time, everyone said a huge update for 2.0 lol.. i wish that happened.
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM #7
Whatever can make my ps3 even better is fine by me Smile
01-20-2009, 10:17 PM #8
NGUWhitey
NGU's OG
Where did you get this Soad, can you give me the source.

-Whitey
01-20-2009, 10:55 PM #9
Batman™
I defeated!
kinda boring
they should make an update whenere u can use a GIF immage as ur avatar
01-20-2009, 11:25 PM #10
Update sounds like a waste of time to me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo