04-26-2011, 01:54 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

The PlayStation Network issues currently plaguing gamers throughout the globe could not have come at a worse time. Not only are there a number of high profile titles arriving on retail shelves, but also in the UK it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, meaning there was likely to be a large number of gamers heading online.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) have been reluctant to discuss the issues any more than is absolutely necessary, however things are a bit different in the Microsoft camp.

Following the launch of the Xbox Nations online event yesterday, which will see millions of gamers invited to play online for free this weekend, the Xbox 360 is almost certain to see record numbers of gamers flock online, especially considering the big name titles that launched in the past week.

When approaching Microsoft, Electronic Theatre was offered the following comment.
Originally posted by another user
Of course it’s regretful that Sony is encountering issues at such a busy time, and Microsoft takes no joy in the problems gamers are having playing their favourite games online.”

Stated the representative of Microsoft’s distribution network. “That being said, we are expecting Microsoft’s robust online network to see an increase of traffic from those gamers who own both systems.

Being able to play their games via the Xbox LIVE network could make all the difference for some gamers, and the Xbox Nations event will allow all of them to do just that – whether they have a Gold subscription or not.”

Last edited by NextGenTactics ; 04-26-2011 at 01:57 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to NextGenTactics for this useful post:

bamf526, blmm, jizzmaster,
04-26-2011, 01:55 AM #2
Ouch thanks for the info haha +rep Happy
04-26-2011, 01:56 AM #3
wowaka
Former Staff
Whatever, make better security next time. Allowing users to use an alternate network is really dumb.
04-26-2011, 01:56 AM #4
Reay
Brute
Cocky Bastards . Do they not remember when Live was down for 14 days ?
04-26-2011, 01:56 AM #5
skillz369
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by NextGenTactics View Post

The PlayStation Network issues currently plaguing gamers throughout the globe could not have come at a worse time. Not only are there a number of high profile titles arriving on retail shelves, but also in the UK it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, meaning there was likely to be a large number of gamers heading online.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) have been reluctant to discuss the issues any more than is absolutely necessary, however things are a bit different in the Microsoft camp.

Following the launch of the Xbox Nations online event yesterday, which will see millions of gamers invited to play online for free this weekend, the Xbox 360 is almost certain to see record numbers of gamers flock online, especially considering the big name titles that launched in the past week.

When approaching Microsoft, Electronic Theatre was offered the following comment.

seems like microsoft is geting cocky
04-26-2011, 01:58 AM #6
snowaura1337
< ^ > < ^ >
big name titles that launched in the past week

what big titles? none of them are exclusif... soo who cares? i got my PC , my car , i aint sick like a dog, i got a job , my family alright .... i clearly dont give a flying banana about Sony outage and what Shitbox360 think about Sony epic failures... btw the Xbox360 is a failure to start with soo lol!

The following user thanked snowaura1337 for this useful post:

mcstyle24
04-26-2011, 02:05 AM #7
MythGavin
Gym leader
I love how microsoft makes a living off of copying shit, or doing shit poorly, being greedy, and of course being hypocrites.
04-26-2011, 02:06 AM #8
snowaura1337
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by flawedvictory View Post
I love how microsoft makes a living off of copying shit, or doing shit poorly, being greedy, and of course being hypocrites.

typical from an american compagny.... what else?
04-26-2011, 02:07 AM #9
A_Fast_Black_Guy
A.K.A BigDaddyMagnum
The only thing I can think of for sony to do is Slash prices when it gets back online
04-26-2011, 02:09 AM #10
Those assholes....xbl went down for 2 weeks before

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo