Post: [Question] Please help me understand this "Platinum Save" non-save set posts.
05-16-2018, 02:25 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); One thing I don't understand, I see a lot of postings on this forum stating "Platinum Save" Not "Platinum Save Set" or "Complete Save Set"... How does this save help anyone get the Platinum if the requirements for a Platinum save is to get all other trophies?! It really doesn't make any sense to post these saves if people need to unlock other trophies to get it. I feel if you are going to post a platinum save then you should have a complete save set for all trophies needed for it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I just don't see the logic in these saves that are apparently for platinum trophies without a save set. ...and if it does pop all trophies then your trophy unlock list for that said game is going to look suspect and obviously not legit with the applied date/time stamps on them.
Last edited by Aeramis ; 05-16-2018 at 02:27 PM.

The following user thanked Aeramis for this useful post:

SWAMP DEVIL
05-16-2018, 02:52 PM #2
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by Aeramis View Post
One thing I don't understand, I see a lot of postings on this forum stating "Platinum Save" Not "Platinum Save Set" or "Complete Save Set"... How does this save help anyone get the Platinum if the requirements for a Platinum save is to get all other trophies?! It really doesn't make any sense to post these saves if people need to unlock other trophies to get it. I feel if you are going to post a platinum save then you should have a complete save set for all trophies needed for it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I just don't see the logic in these saves that are apparently for platinum trophies without a save set. ...and if it does pop all trophies then your trophy unlock list for that said game is going to look suspect and obviously not legit with the applied date/time stamps on them.

Alot Platinum Save have been released before people had a save resigner so they basically had their plat saves stacked up on their ps4 or cloud

and for the new saves if the game is like short i dont bother making a save set for it if its under 2 hours or something

but yea for example those dragon ball xenoverse saves it would be nice if we had a save set for them

and some of the plat saves are quiet helpfull though
05-16-2018, 02:59 PM #3
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
One thing I don't understand, I see a lot of postings on this forum stating "Platinum Save" Not "Platinum Save Set" or "Complete Save Set"... How does this save help anyone get the Platinum if the requirements for a Platinum save is to get all other trophies?! It really doesn't make any sense to post these saves if people need to unlock other trophies to get it. I feel if you are going to post a platinum save then you should have a complete save set for all trophies needed for it.

Answer you questions: A lot of saves on here don't pop any trophies depending on how the game is coded to pop trophies. For example a trophy for getting 100 wins. If the platinum save already has 100 wins it may not pop even if you get 1 more win so you will need a save that has 99 wins. However, some games will pop the 100 wins even if the save already has 100 wins. So it depends in what situations the game checks and pops trophies. Some games even pop all trophies at main menu without doing anything when loading a platinum save. Regarding timestamps, there are people who care about them and others who don't. For those who don't they just want to get the platinum as fast as possible. If your interested in only saves that pop trophies you can check out the thread I'm building currently.
05-17-2018, 12:26 PM #4
SWAMP DEVIL
Do a barrel roll!

Honestly man, i agree with you. Back in the times you saw a thread "platinum save" and you knew someone is gonna put all required trophies. Yes some were perfect some were a lil sloppy but in the end of the day everything was there. Now its like people post those "platinum saves" here and you are like yay but then its just that. And useless. Well maybe not for research or anything but yeah to me kinda useless. I wish they would be in another section or something for research but not in here and confuse everyone. I even believe it keeps people from posting a legit platinum save set thread. Nowadays every game has 10 threads , one trophy here one trophy there, but rarely a proper thread. Those people who do one, i wanna praise them, cause maybe I am getting old or something but thats how it was here in the past and i miss that.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo