Post: Save Wizard | Help with my savefile (LEGO Marvel Super Heroes)
07-23-2020, 09:07 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); (first of all, sorry for my bad english)
Hello, i have a problem with my LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (CUSA00083) savefile.
The game lets you make more than one save file, and I accidentally used the second slot for my game (the first slot has 0% progress)
The problem is that apparently SW only recognizes the first slot file (slot00.bin) and my file is "slot01.bin" (only appears on SW to re-sign it).
I tried forcefully changing the name of the file to be able to edit it and have SW recognize it, but when i try to edit the file an error appears beacause my file is not an "authentic slot00".
I also tried to load the game with the changed name (slot00) on my ps4, but the console still recognizes it as a second slot (slot01).
Is there something i can do?
07-24-2020, 04:44 PM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by RegemPip View Post
(first of all, sorry for my bad english)
Hello, i have a problem with my LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (CUSA00083) savefile.
The game lets you make more than one save file, and I accidentally used the second slot for my game (the first slot has 0% progress)
The problem is that apparently SW only recognizes the first slot file (slot00.bin) and my file is "slot01.bin" (only appears on SW to re-sign it).
I tried forcefully changing the name of the file to be able to edit it and have SW recognize it, but when i try to edit the file an error appears beacause my file is not an "authentic slot00".
I also tried to load the game with the changed name (slot00) on my ps4, but the console still recognizes it as a second slot (slot01).
Is there something i can do?

One idea comes to mind but I don't know whether it will work. I have noticed this behavior in LEGO games. And no, manually renaming a save file isn't actually going to rename it. The only time you should do that is to fix it, not to change it. On very rare occasion -- meaning I've seen this happen twice -- Save Wizard might jumble the characters in a save game's name. When that happens if you fix the filename, it works, but then it's not you who made the change, you're actually reverting a change.

I'm wondering if you could export/import, in Advanced Mode, the same as if you were trying to change the region of a saved game. In case you haven't re-regioned before, I'll include some links below. But in the re-regioning process, you basically (1) take a save file from a different region, and pull all of the hex data out of it, and (2) take a save file from your region, then pull all of that same hex data into it. It's like swapping the external packaging. Different purpose but I'm wondering if it could work here.

So keep your save obviously but make a new one too, on the default slot. Then follow the steps in Wosley's Re-Regioning guide, below. I don't think there are multiple "slots" within a LEGO game, but if there are make sure to pay attention to that step (step 12). Since you're using his guide for different purposes, I think the way it would work would be that your current save, in slot 01, is the one from a different region. The new save, in slot 00, is the one in "your" region. So export from slot 01, import into slot 00, and do the first digit yourself. (If none of this makes sense, it will after you read his guide.)

You must login or register to view this content.

If that doesn't work, all I could say is that the more saves you send to Save Wizard, the better. They can only add support if they see enough saves. My guess is people only sent them saves from slot 00. In a LEGO game most people probably only save there because it just defaults there and most people aren't going to make multiple save files in one of those games. The more slot 01 saves they see, the more likely they can add support for those saves.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

RegemPip
07-27-2020, 02:11 AM #3
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

Thanks for your prompt response, but i can't use the Advanced Mode because my save doesn't appear in the Cheats tab.
I think there is nothing I can do :/
Next time I will be more careful with my saved games
07-27-2020, 03:54 AM #4
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by RegemPip View Post
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

Thanks for your prompt response, but i can't use the Advanced Mode because my save doesn't appear in the Cheats tab.
I think there is nothing I can do :/
Next time I will be more careful with my saved games

Ack, good point. My brain must have failed me. I was trying to be too creative. You're right. I forgot that SW wouldn't read that slot AT ALL.

Again, then, my best idea remains to submit that save to the SW team and hope they add support. The more information you can include, the better. Remember they have a form to use for this:

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

RegemPip

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo