Post: Entry Points from Chaitin Hackers + What Was Patched + More
10-26-2016, 02:01 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NextGenUpdate, well if you don't know. The 4.01 Linux Installation was reported to Sony, which of course probably got a shit payout as Aboshi11 stated which you can clearly see here:

In other words, they have released emails stating what got patched from CVE, and more. You can check that out here if you are curious:

What was patched, and how: You must login or register to view this content.

Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE); You must login or register to view this content.

FreeBSSad Awesome You must login or register to view this content.

Jeff from PSXHAX also stated the the Entry Points used by Chaitin Hackers:

"Category: core
Module: kernel
Announced: 2016-10-25
Credits: Core Security, ahaha from Chaitin Tech
Affects: All supported versions of FreeBSD.

This vulnerability could cause the kernel to panic. In addition it is
possible to perform a local Denial of Service against the system by
unprivileged processes." - Jeff

Hope something is good or you out of this. Thanks to PSXHAX, Jeff, and other members that helped me get this information to you all Upside Down Happy

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

Mr.Peanut
10-26-2016, 04:07 PM #2
SharkModding
Do a barrel roll!
what a bunch of a ***s i would not report shit to sony fuck sony its your ps4 you paid for it with your own money you can whatever you want with it but hey at least it proves that it works on 4.01 an below so we can maybe spoof some how an get online

The following user thanked SharkModding for this useful post:

shawncarnage
10-26-2016, 07:02 PM #3
shawncarnage
Little One
Originally posted by SharkModding View Post
what a bunch of a ***s i would not report shit to sony fuck sony its your ps4 you paid for it with your own money you can whatever you want with it but hey at least it proves that it works on 4.01 an below so we can maybe spoof some how an get online

Yeah I don't know who all these new "hackers" are but I believe they forgot to read the blackbook.

The following user thanked shawncarnage for this useful post:

SharkModding

The following user groaned shawncarnage for this awful post:

ProfoundModz
12-17-2016, 04:12 PM #4
ProfoundModz
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by SharkModding View Post

That's not true at all. That's like saying you can buy a car and do whatever you want with it. When you buy a console, either retailer or not, you are agreeing to a ToS, which Sony has implaced. Just like if you were caught speeding, you'd get a fine, if you are caught modding. you get a fine, whether it be copyright infringement (jail or money) or a ban.

The simple fact that:
"paid for it with your own money you can whatever you want with it"
is simply not true.

The following 2 users say thank you to ProfoundModz for this useful post:

hacking247, RobbieMc20
12-17-2016, 07:21 PM #5
xDebugKiller
Climbing up the ladder
Money does mess with people... Gasp

The following user thanked xDebugKiller for this useful post:

ProfoundModz
12-19-2016, 05:02 AM #6
Originally posted by shawncarnage View Post
Yeah I don't know who all these new "hackers" are but I believe they forgot to read the blackbook.

These so called "Hackers" skipped that black book and opened the "Ethical Hackers" hand book. Cheers to them as they at least have some common sense.
12-19-2016, 05:06 AM #7
Originally posted by xDebugKiller View Post
Money does mess with people... Gasp

Lets see, get paid for the work they did or release this to the public for free and have it used just like the ps3. (sarcasm) That's seems like a really difficult choice.(sarcasm)
12-19-2016, 10:20 PM #8
DubStepperDay
-W.H.U.F.C-
You can do what ever you want with a car you bought?
Speeding is breaking the law of the road not breaking the manufacture of the cars rule.
Same as you can do what ever you want with a ps4 when you have bought it, you only sign to a terms of service to sign into PSN.

The following user thanked DubStepperDay for this useful post:

SharkModding
12-19-2016, 11:52 PM #9
Originally posted by hacking247 View Post
Lets see, get paid for the work they did or release this to the public for free and have it used just like the ps3. (sarcasm) That's seems like a really difficult choice.(sarcasm)

How about save the work , get paid and secretly release it Winky Winky
12-21-2016, 12:30 AM #10
SharkModding
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by ProfoundModz View Post
That's not true at all. That's like saying you can buy a car and do whatever you want with it. When you buy a console, either retailer or not, you are agreeing to a ToS, which Sony has implaced. Just like if you were caught speeding, you'd get a fine, if you are caught modding. you get a fine, whether it be copyright infringement (jail or money) or a ban.

The simple fact that:
"paid for it with your own money you can whatever you want with it"
is simply not true.

You can buy a car an do whatever you want with it.....

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo