11-20-2019, 10:21 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); -- Lost my active PSN Account of 10 years with ~1000 Games and movies on it. Sony won't Help. Switch top Xbox? --

I was 2 semesters abroad and didn't bring my ps4 with me. When i returned my roommate stole my ps4 pro and changend my PSN Email and password. He is apparently back to romania.

As soon as i returned i immediately contacted Sony support to at least get back my account. I have this one since i was 14 and creating it is my last fond memory of my father. A 10 yo account with about 3-5k worth of media on it.

I was on the Phone with a guy and later received a mail with 2 lines from tech support saying that they cant to nothing because i only payed with PayPal (Last 1 year ago) and with PSN Cards.

So thats it. All gone. Not Sure what to do. Create a new account? Switch to Xbox?! I really prefer Playstation but i just cant start from zero.You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by MontieFernandes ; 11-21-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: broken thread title - too many characters
11-20-2019, 10:31 AM #2
It happened with my brother a while ago while he was changing account mail it locked so we talked to support and they were super hard and not understanding because he only used psn cards because the account is US and we live in Sweden. So after a couple of tries they finally budged and gave it back after asking bunch of security questions like what were 3 recent purchases you made, what PS4 was it activated on send us serial number and address exactly which we forgot since we used a random.
11-20-2019, 03:27 PM #3
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by MontieFernandes View Post

Moved to Questions & Support section.

Somewhere around the forums there used to be a guide on guarding your PSN accoutn against social engineering. It might still be around, either in this section or the main PS4 section. It or some other guide might have some tips to help you in this situation.

If not, try to remember any and all details that you might have supplied - and changed - on your PSN account between its creation and now. Common details like name and mailing address, but did you update the address after the age of 14? See if you can recall any changes the address went through and the dates of those changes. It sounds like you didn't have a payment method on file but if I'm wrong, recall anything you can about that. Dates of purchases like recommended above. Dates of adding funds. Do you have email records of those? Note that even having the most exact of records won't guarantee they'll be able to do anything, but it can't hurt either. Did you have a security question? Anything else you can recall?

I don't have any specific experience in this situation so I'm just shooting off the top of my head. Best of luck.

EDIT: Looks like your thread title was also broken so I moved the title to the text and shortened the title a bit. Feel free to edit it again to say whatever you want, obviously, but know that the reason I did this was because the title was invisible to someone browsing the forums so they wouldn't see the title anyway. I didn't know you had a title at all when I first came across it in the saves section. I only saw the "quick codes" before. It's appearing now and hopefully the new title conveys what you want to.
Last edited by aeneax ; 11-20-2019 at 04:12 PM.
11-21-2019, 08:38 AM #4
Reidso
Under Jolly Roger
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

@aeneax
Is this the one you mean?....
https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps3/586481-tips-how-rehack-your-stolen-psn-account-back.html

A bit outdated, but should still be good in most cases

@MontieFernandes
So, you didn't set up the two-step verification?

This feature has been available before PS4's launch

If you do start over again, make sure you do the two-step verification

Regards

- Reidso

The following user thanked Reidso for this useful post:

aeneax
11-21-2019, 04:18 PM #5
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Reidso View Post
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

@aeneax
Is this the one you mean?....
https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps3/586481-tips-how-rehack-your-stolen-psn-account-back.html

A bit outdated, but should still be good in most cases

@MontieFernandes
So, you didn't set up the two-step verification?

This feature has been available before PS4's launch

If you do start over again, make sure you do the two-step verification

Regards

- Reidso

I actually hadn't even seen that one, but there are some very helpful tips in there. Thank you.
02-11-2020, 03:56 AM #6
ProtoBuffers
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by MontieFernandes View Post

if you still have the console the account was originally created on you can give them the serial number and they should be able to get your account back. Just say you lost the email and got a different credit card.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo