02-22-2013, 12:58 PM #1
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As you may check in the Source below, Sony has confirmed that the PSN Games purchased in the PS3 will not be carried over to PS4, this is a shame, is the same shit about the discs.
They say it is because of the "architecture" of the console, or because they don't meet the same specs, or whatever. For me, although some of this might be true, is because of business. Think that Gaikai (cloud) will have EVERY PS game, or at least that is the main objective, and that you can purchase it from there. It is no business or they make much less money if you carry over your previously purchased games, either physically or from PSN.
If they try to make money out of this decisions I find it a little bit silly as many of the consumers are or will be disgusted about this Sony decision.
However, if they make Gaikai to recognize which games you own and then you can have them for free in the cloud then that would be great. But it is difficult to say if you still own the disk physically, this would be more fair (for Sony to not be scammed and for the consumer) for the PSN game purchases.

What do you think about this?

You must login or register to view this content.
02-22-2013, 01:28 PM #2
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
wil your ps3 online account be able to get on ps4 network ?

The following 2 users say thank you to xkoeckiiej for this useful post:

BlackReaperHD, Pseudo_Soldier
02-22-2013, 03:57 PM #3
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
^ that is a question I'd love to know the answer to, but yes they probably will.
02-22-2013, 06:51 PM #4
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
They say it will even the PS+ will be carried over, what it will not continue are the games purchased in that account! Very or none details were revealed about the PSN/SEN in the PS4 Conference.
02-22-2013, 06:54 PM #5
Elk
Lithium.
Well if they are carrying over a PS+ subscription, I'm hoping they'll also carry over our accounts.
Would be a shame if we all started again with a PSN account/ if they do however, I just got to be the one to get an OG account. Winky Winky
02-23-2013, 07:38 AM #6
thorn
Gym leader
ehh they better have compatibility some of us forked out loads just to play classic games again

i am gonna jump the next hacking bandwagon again if this is true
02-23-2013, 02:48 PM #7
If I have to re-buy a single game, this is going to be no fun whatsoever.
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM #8
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
I've never bought a game on digital download, but kind of sucks for the people who have. Hopefully those games are made free to stream for the people who own it.

About whether you'll need a new PSN or not, I hope you can change your username this time :p
02-23-2013, 04:53 PM #9
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
Why people want to change their Username so much? Are you not comfortable with it? I made it in 2006 and I'm very pleased with it.
02-23-2013, 07:14 PM #10
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by Hadenkin View Post
Why people want to change their Username so much? Are you not comfortable with it? I made it in 2006 and I'm very pleased with it.

Nah, I made my first PSN account in 08 "jds599" hated it, made a few new ones, been on "iDuggz_26" since about 2011. Would like to change it to something else (I'm not too bothered however, my current name's good enough for me)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo