Post: Why the Sony PS4 is still value for money, if you thought otherwise.
06-11-2013, 11:44 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

Sony has just wrapped up their hugely anticipated E3 2013 press conference, finally unveiling to the world what the console design will look like. There are a vast list of positives to come out of Sony’s event which we’ll focus on soon, but now we discuss the only negative aspect of Sony’s press conference – online multiplayer on PS4 will require a subscription to PS Plus.

Online gaming on the PS3 has remained free for many years, while Microsoft have always required Xbox 360 gamers to have a Gold subscription to play online. Now, with the transition over to PS4, it looks like Sony have finally made the decision to charge for online gaming.

To confirm, online multiplayer on the PS4 will cost you $4.99 a month as part of your PS Plus subscription. As many happy PS Plus subscribers on PS3 already know though, that price includes significant value for your money – notably from cloud game saves and access to the instant game collection.

You must login or register to view this content.

the above tweet ( ill add a image later) still confirms people without PS+ can still enjoy PS4!

We’re happy to confirm that Sony are also rolling over PS Plus subscriptions to the PS4, meaning that one subscription at $4.99 at month will give you access to PS Plus across PS3 and PS Vita. As a bonus, Sony revealed at E3 that the first game to be included as part of the PS4 instant game collection, will be Drive Club – free as part of your subscription and obviously worth a lot more than $5.

Worried consumers should also take into consideration that the PS4 at $399 will be $100 cheaper in the US than the Xbox One, which we’ll talk about in a lot more detail soon. With this in mind, does this make the $5 fee per month on top a formality? It will be $10 cheaper to buy a 1 year subscription to PS Plus at $50, so that is still $450 in total with online multiplayer included and 12 month’s access to a vast list of games for free.

As we provide you with the big stories coming out of E3 this week, tell us if you think the $5 price per month to play PS4 multiplayer is a big problem for you or not. Who can honestly say that the Sony PS4 is not value for money, despite the online fee?

You must login or register to view this content.
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM #2
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
Hell no. I am a PS+ subscriber and have been since it was launched.
It is well worth the money, and fair play to sony for doing this, driveclub alone is worth 2 years ps+ sub anyway.

The following user thanked Camacheiro for this useful post:

RiskArts
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM #3
Hickey
League Champion
was going to get ps plus last week, i may aswell buy it now, seeing as im going to need it, ms copying ps plus now, who wants ac2 and halo 3? when we get the likes of uncarted 3, sleeping dogs, infamous etc
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM #4
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
They've made it more worth it to have. True gamers (and intelligent people) have PS+, as they know all the benefits it offers (Discounts, Early Access, Premium Stuff, Free-To-Play, Instant Game, etc) I proudly renew my membership every year, as I know I'm paying for an awesome well provided Service.
But from now on they will have to make the Multiplayer experience the best as possible, less laggy, optimum conection for everyone, less downtime, very good download speeds, etc.
06-11-2013, 05:25 PM #5
Nice <3
06-11-2013, 09:33 PM #6
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Camacheiro View Post
driveclub alone is worth 2 years ps+ sub anyway.

we hope anyways lol
06-11-2013, 09:37 PM #7
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
Originally posted by xLew
we hope anyways lol

Well, they did say that it was a PS+ version of the game.
Don't know what they mean by that, but i hope it's the full game.
06-11-2013, 09:42 PM #8
xLew--
Former Staff
Well, they did say that it was a PS+ version of the game.
Don't know what they mean by that, but i hope it's the full game.

exactly my thoughts, hopefully its a bonus edition with a few extras!
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM #9
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
Originally posted by xLew
exactly my thoughts, hopefully its a bonus edition with a few extras!

Ye, hopefully that.
Either way, it's always welcome, even if we have to buy the full game to get that bonus content.
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM #10
xLew--
Former Staff
Ye, hopefully that.
Either way, it's always welcome, even if we have to buy the full game to get that bonus content.

free games a free game at the end of the fay, if its a amazing game and not as full as the normal edition ill just buy it lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo