Post: You won't even need a PS eye to use PS4's voice commands, The packaged mic will do.
10-26-2013, 03:17 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.. While this is a feature that Microsoft has talked extensively about for the Xbox One, Sony has pretty much kept it under wraps. After being rumoured earlier in the year, You must login or register to view this content., and again yesterday when You must login or register to view this content..

But the big news is that you won’t need a PlayStation Eye to take advantage of it.

Responding to a fan query on You must login or register to view this content., likeable Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that you’ll be able to use the headset included with each system to navigate the machine’s dashboard with voice commands. It’s not yet clear how well this feature will work.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

DrinkinMyStella, jackaree
10-26-2013, 03:46 PM #2
DrinkinMyStella
Vault dweller
Play station eye comes with my bundle but owell that a nice feature they added, I wonder how much people will use that feature tho, because I never really use voice commands on any piece of technology I have, thanks for the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following user thanked DrinkinMyStella for this useful post:

xLew--
10-26-2013, 04:13 PM #3
jackaree
Bounty hunter
well thats another great move by sony. thanks for the info...

The following user thanked jackaree for this useful post:

xLew--
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM #4
I3lackadder
Gym leader
then i would assume that you could do the same with headset mics??? although not at first as i think they've said headset mics currently being used on ps3 wont be compatible straight away..... Hope that wont take long to sort, i'm to fond of my astros to get something compatible.
10-26-2013, 05:48 PM #5
GlitchyEel
Little One
That's awesome that voice commands will work with just a mic. Really loving what I see with PS4.
10-26-2013, 06:08 PM #6
DrinkinMyStella
Vault dweller
So I take it you can say "play FIFA" and it will instantly start up as long as the game is in or "start play station store" hmm that could be quite fun to mess around with voice commands

10-26-2013, 06:10 PM #7
GlitchyEel
Little One
Originally posted by DrinkinMeStella View Post
So I take it you can say "play FIFA" and it will instantly start up as long as the game is in or "start play station store" hmm that could be quite fun to mess around with voice commands

Just walk into the room and say commands while your friend is trying to play his PS4 =D

The following user thanked GlitchyEel for this useful post:

DrinkinMyStella
10-26-2013, 06:56 PM #8
DrinkinMyStella
Vault dweller
Originally posted by GlitchyEel View Post
Just walk into the room and say commands while your friend is trying to play his PS4 =D

Haha yea can really annoy some people with this feature good call

The following user thanked DrinkinMyStella for this useful post:

GlitchyEel
10-28-2013, 02:19 AM #9
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
So will I be able to walk into my room, and say Playstation On and it'll turn on for me?
10-28-2013, 08:56 AM #10
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Cryptic
So will I be able to walk into my room, and say Playstation On and it'll turn on for me?

not too sure, i think it only works when its on, although i could be wrong

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo