11-19-2013, 05:55 AM #1
Teh_knight
[b][move]Level 1 Trustworthy Winky Winky[/move][/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is it just me that find the LED at the back (or the front, depending on how you look at it..) annoying at times? Not only does it drains the battery quicker, it's pretty darn bright especially when you're gaming in the dark. Sucks there's no option to turn it off.. Anyone else find the DS4 annoying due to this? I just wanted to know what the NGU community thought about this.
11-19-2013, 07:20 AM #2
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
I don't find the light annoying but I've never played my PS4 in a completely dark area yet so I'm not sure about that. For the battery I've played for about 4 hours straight and only lost a bar of the 3 battery status but never to the point it runs out so for me it's like the dual shock 3 in terms of battery life except I can play at night without bothering my family now with the earphone output.
11-19-2013, 09:37 AM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by knight View Post
Is it just me that find the LED at the back (or the front, depending on how you look at it..) annoying at times? Not only does it drains the battery quicker, it's pretty darn bright especially when you're gaming in the dark. Sucks there's no option to turn it off.. Anyone else find the DS4 annoying due to this? I just wanted to know what the NGU community thought about this.

Put some tape over it? Or permanent marker it and if ever you wanted to remove the marker pen just spray deodorant on it not the antiperspirant one though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Last edited by xLew-- ; 11-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

epete170, Fatpabs, Hadenkin, Sandyballz,
11-19-2013, 04:23 PM #4
I personally love it. I just got Killzone yesterday and because it's made by Sony, they have used all of the features of it very nicely. I can use the touch screen to select weapons. When I pick up intel it reads it off to me through the built in speaker. And the coolest feature is the light is green when my health is full and as it drains it slowly fades to orange and then flashing red. I think it really adds to the environment of the game. Smile

The following 7 users say thank you to Hondarydr for this useful post:

Alt, Cyberix, epete170, Hadenkin, rimka06510, whyyoumad, xLew--
11-19-2013, 04:35 PM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Hondarydr View Post
I personally love it. I just got Killzone yesterday and because it's made by Sony, they have used all of the features of it very nicely. I can use the touch screen to select weapons. When I pick up intel it reads it off to me through the built in speaker. And the coolest feature is the light is green when my health is full and as it drains it slowly fades to orange and then flashing red. I think it really adds to the environment of the game. Smile

This had made me more excited for it!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
11-19-2013, 05:52 PM #6
amplif1er
Why are you reading this?
I love the controller it feels right, on a side note yes the light is annoying with how quickly it drains the battery. I had to plug my controller in 3x this past weekend while gaming. I am going to order a 6 foot charging cable though.
11-19-2013, 06:04 PM #7
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!

Now I'm tempted to buy killzone since it's on sale new on Ebay :p
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM #8
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Nothing wrong with the light really lol
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM #9
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
i think i heard they said they will add a off setting for it later down the road they just wanted to hear the feedback 1st i guess
11-19-2013, 10:41 PM #10
Teh_knight
[b][move]Level 1 Trustworthy Winky Winky[/move][/b]

Yeah, I know what you mean. It certainly adds another dimension to the gaming experience, however for other games that don't support the features (specifically the light bar) it's a drain on the controller's battery for no reason. Like I said in the opening post, there should be an option to turn it off (when playing games that don't support it) and on when needed.

I'm definitely not the only who think there should be atleast an option to turn it off/on.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo