Post: When did you decide to buy a PS5, or why haven’t you purchased one?
04-03-2023, 02:15 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It has been two and a half years since the PlayStation 5 launched and we’re finally at the point where you can find them in stores. Like all of the recent PlayStation console releases, there haven’t been very many exclusive games for the PS5, especially that a PS4 pro couldn’t handle. That’s been changing recently.

I picked up my PS5 last year but haven’t really used it all that much. I think I’ll give Hogwarts Legacy a spin here soon on it. When did you guys grab your console, or are you planning to not buy one.

The following 3 users say thank you to Darth Saul for this useful post:

hacxx, iD:A-OF7, ProbablyRaging
04-03-2023, 03:40 AM #2
Dynamite
Vault dweller
I was hoping to get one when they first launched, but I lost interest over time. I already game quite a lot on PC and since PS5 has a lot less exclusives (and even some being ported to PC), I have real no interest in getting one any time soon. But I will say this - I have a guilty pleasure for LittleBigPlanet and if they release a new one for only PS5 I will for sure be getting one McCoy

The following 2 users say thank you to Dynamite for this useful post:

Darth Saul, ProbablyRaging
04-03-2023, 03:44 AM #3
Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
I was hoping to get one when they first launched, but I lost interest over time. I already game quite a lot on PC and since PS5 has a lot less exclusives (and even some being ported to PC), I have real no interest in getting one any time soon. But I will say this - I have a guilty pleasure for LittleBigPlanet and if they release a new one for only PS5 I will for sure be getting one McCoy

LittleBigPlanet is a game I haven’t thought about in years. I remember when the original came out on PS3 many moons ago. I’m sure there will be some exclusives in the coming years that will make getting it inevitable
05-10-2023, 08:12 PM #4
My PS5 just sits on a shelf collecting dust at this point. I only really bought it for the exclusives but they are few and far between, and most of the good ones seem to end up getting ported to PC now anyway, which is where I mainly game. I actually ended up ripping the SSD out of my PS5 and sticking it in my PC so it wasn't a complete waste of money I guess? Toward the end I was only really playing Warframe on console anyway. But seeing as they're working on cross-save I seen no reason not to gut it and wait for that Upside Down Happy
Last edited by ProbablyRaging ; 05-10-2023 at 08:14 PM.
06-09-2023, 05:59 AM #5
Reidso
Under Jolly Roger
I got a PS5 in April 20th this year, loving the dashboard. the trophies feature and really excited I can also download and play my PS4 games

Had a handful of cross-buy Artifex Mundi games and PSN Plus games (to do cross-save) I needed to achieve on my new PS Cool Man (aka Tustin)

Still have my PS4, going to use it to continue creating Saves-Sets on it, which is easier (and faster) for me and it's sitting right beside he PS5

I've got my eyes on Syberia - The World Before to purchase and play on the PS5 hopefully very soon

The following 2 users say thank you to Reidso for this useful post:

Darth Saul, ProbablyRaging
06-24-2023, 07:02 PM #6
KingOfTheAge
The Golden Patriot
Launch console, my friend. Love Sony and Playstation too much not to.
01-16-2024, 04:29 PM #7
hacxx
Banned
Didn't got one and most likely won't get one in the near future.
02-26-2024, 11:17 PM #8
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
I bought mines August 2021 a month after my car accident Snail

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo