05-18-2010, 08:53 PM #1
Otaku Buster
Cake is a lie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Tutorial on How To Give Your Xbox LED lights with no soldering ! Happy

First take apart your xbox

Tools need to take apart xbox 360
Tools Needed:
• Very small flathead screwdriver or a flat point such as a kitchen knife or pushpin
• Small Phillips head screwdriver
• A torx style star head screwdriver size T10
[/Spoiler]
Click here to find out how to open an xbox 360
Take Apart the XBox 360
Step 1. Disconnect ALL wires from xbox, once everything is disconnected hold power button in for 2 seconds to clear any electric charge left in the console
Step 2. Remove Hard Drive and any memory unit/cards you might have plugged into the console. You will remove the hard drive by pressing button on the hard drive and pulling straight up.
Step 3. Remove the faceplate by gripping the top and bottom near the left side of the console(the side that the disc drive is on) and pulling firmly but slowly until it pops off, then repeat this on the other end.
Step 4. Remove top and bottom gray mesh panels by prying them off with any small objects by inserting them into holes on the sides of the xbox console at the left, middle, and right points where you can see the grey tabs and pushing in to release the catches.
Step 5. Separate top and bottom of white case by inserting flat head screwdriver or knife blade into the back of the console at the points shown in the picture. You should hear a pop when each one releases; go down the line starting from left to right. You should hold the side that you're starting on and start to separate the case pieces so that they don't click back together when you pop the tabs
You must login or register to view this content.

Step 6. Complete seperation of the case by using a fingernail to unhook the tabs on the front of the console starting on one end and working your way to the other side, there should be 4 tabs to release, after that's done the top of the case should just slide right off.

Step 7. Using your Torx T10 star screwdriver remove the 6 screws shown in the following picture, you don't need to remove any other screws even though there's a bunch on there.

Step 8. After all 6 screws are removed and SET ASIDE SO YOU DON'T LOSE THEM, flip the console over so that the remaining half of the white case is on top. Make sure that the metal part that you just unscrewed the screws from is facing down, on the table or ground, etc.

Step 9. Pull the white case straight up, it should seperate easily from the rest of the console, and set it aside.
From here you should see the "guts" of the console, you have the disc drive, cooling fan, motherboard, and a white guard to direct air flow in the console.

Step 10- remove the white guard to direct air flow.
YOUR XBOX SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE ONE ABOVE- but with the white guard off, just pull up.

The special LED lights
STEP 2, GETTING THE RIGHT LED LIGHTS.
Make sure you get You must login or register to view this content.

Video I made for this tut, i made this video, in this video, i teach you how to intall the LED lights
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW77rnaeqm4]YouTube - Se7ensins tutorial[/ame]

Found this on Se7, figured users here would enjoy it.
Credit goes to 'Awesome faceoranxXcwoodXx'

The following 4 users say thank you to Otaku Buster for this useful post:

Bibbster94, Grodusk, Kinetic, Riggzo
05-18-2010, 09:30 PM #2
Good tutorial, already knew how to do it though. But thanks anyway =D
05-28-2010, 01:18 AM #3
Scobie
Keeper
goood one Claps might give it a bash Happy
05-28-2010, 03:59 AM #4
Kinetic
The Truth
yeah this is a good tut for people who want to do it, you can also buy lighting sets from Ghostcase, which replace the sata drive from the HD to the motherboard.
05-28-2010, 04:38 AM #5
Otaku Buster
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by vXI
yeah this is a good tut for people who want to do it, you can also buy lighting sets from Ghostcase, which replace the sata drive from the HD to the motherboard.

Oh really?
I dont think ive seen them, I'll have to check them out
05-28-2010, 09:18 AM #6
AtombombAngel
.Walking Paradox.
That looks sick Smile I'm so going to do this. Thanks.
05-28-2010, 11:57 AM #7
Riggzo
Do a barrel roll!
I'm definitly going to try this. Thanks.
05-28-2010, 12:26 PM #8
Kinetic
The Truth
Originally posted by sT
Oh really?
I dont think ive seen them, I'll have to check them out

here's a pic of it for ya! You must login or register to view this content.

and you just take out your current SATA cable and plug this one in, and then put the lights on the top and bottom of the case.

The following user thanked Kinetic for this useful post:

Otaku Buster
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM #9
Grodusk
Gym leader
this looks awesome & easy, im ordering those right now Happy
06-03-2010, 03:31 AM #10
Jonah Hill
No one's McLovin.
wow nice..already taking my xbox apart and odering tommrow Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.