12-20-2011, 05:41 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Offical Written Review of the x360 Dock Module 1

by: RaPiD aka: x360 Dock on NGU
You must login or register to view this content.
Table of Contents
• Introduction
-What is the x360dock?

• Official Features

• What`s in the box

• Software

• Design and Opinion

• Install

•Conclusion

•Installation Process
-Requirements

•x360 Software Installation

Buy from You must login or register to view this content.

$5 off discount code GBADEVIN
Official Site: You must login or register to view this content.

X360DOCK Contact: [email][email protected][/email]
Introduction

What is the X360DOCK?

The x360 Dock is a Dvd drive emulator. Which means that it acts as if it was a dvd drive. Which in case lets you play games just like a normal drive would. This is caused by the x360 dock pretending to be your OFW (Original Firmware) to let your Xbox know that the disk drive belongs with it,. The way the games load off is by connecting a usb cable to your laptop and load the games off through there. Yes! No need for a external hardrive or thumb drive you are now able to play games straight form your Laptop/Pc. This emulator is fully XGD3 compatible and AP2.5 which is awesome and is also updateable via usb. Can’t afford dual layer disk? No worry with this emulator you could game on without buying CD’s or Disk burners. This fantastic product will cost you about $75-$85 at any official reseller store.

Official Features

• Direct PC HDD USB ISO Loading. The x360dock allows you to play ISO games directly off of your computer's internal hard drive.
• Clean Mode. This feature allows the x360dock to still function, even after Microsoft releases a update to the Xbox 360 console.

• A nice friendly GUI. The GUI is very simple, and easy to use.

• Solderless. No need for any additional tools for installation.

• Compatibility The x360dock works with all Xbox 360's, except for those with certain disc drives. A compatibility table can be found here.

• AP25 support Games with the AP26 Anti-Piracy measures can play just fine.

• XGD3 support Games in XDG3 Format play just fine.

• Easy Assemble/Disassemble The x360dock can be assembled, and disassembled as many times as wanted to different Xbox 360's. However in order to use the x360dock, you must have your Xbox 360's disc drive keys, which are different for every Xbox 360. To obtain the keys, additional hardware is needed.
• Power Reduction The x360dock, makes it so the original disc drive in your Xbox 360 doesn't have to work. By doing so your disc drive's lens isn't as stressed, and the disc drive doesn't have to consume as much power.

• USB 2.0 support The x360dock supports USB 2.0, meaning that you can transfer data faster to the Xbox 360 console.

• DVD/DL/Multigame compatible The x360dock allows you to play games that have multiple discs, as has support for single layer games.

• Full upgradeable by USB/JTAG. The x360dock's firmware can be upgraded via USB cable, or by a JTAG programming cable.

• Drive mode This feature allows you to use your Xbox 360's original disc drive, in order to play legitimate disc games.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14280[/ATTACH]

What`s in the box

As packaging goes I for one am very impress.The x360 dock team packages its product very well and safe.The items in the box are as follow.

• Mainboard
  • Power/Sata Cable
  • Usb cable
  • Usb Dongle
  • Ribbon Cable

Software

The software that the x360 dock provides is very unique and easy to use.All you need is to put in your xbox dvd drive key.bin and inquiry.bin file into the same folder as the program and install the custom drivers to your laptop or pc and your set to go.This is why the x360 dock is made and ment for people that never have done these type of things before. All you need is to enter what system you are using with the x360 dock. Phat or Slim.Once you have connected the x360 dock it shows in the program.The program has two other options.Pass-tru mode and emulation mode.In Emulation mode you load off ISO files through the program to the x360 dock.If you want to go on xbox live then you could go to Pass-tru mode.Which gives you ability to use your disk drive and put in your retail copy's and play normal.The software needed is located at their site here You must login or register to view this content. .As easy use and functionality i rate this

5/5
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Design and Opinion[/COLOR]
As for design the x360 dock Main Board is very unique and very well put together.In my hands it feels very stable and not brittle.I see it as it will be very hard for it to break.It is labeled at every output with a nice white label explaining what goes where.Next the Sata and power cable are just like normal.The sata cable is extended just a bit to connect to the x360 dock normally.Next in the list is the Usb Cable,This cable is a standard cable to connect usb ports together.Next up is the usb dongle, The dongle feels very cheap made,which in the future ill like the x360 dock team to improve ,With that said the Usb dongle still serves its purpose and gets the job done which is fine.Next is the ribbon cable.At first i thought that it looked very fragile and easy to rip.But its very sturdy and flexible,which is great for its purpose as it needs to fit into very small tight openings.As far as design i rate this
4/5
Smile Winky Winky Smile Smile

Install
The x360 dock installation process is very simple.The installation took me about 10minutes the first time,This Dvd emulator really is for people who have never done these type of things before and very noob friendly.As for the laptop/pc setup it took me about another 10minutes since you have to install drivers and extract your dvd drive info.Which should be faster if you already have everything.The x360 dock is so easy to install in my option the hardest part of all of this is taking apart your xbox 360. I rate this
5/5
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Conclusion
To sum up,This product is great and it has a retail price of $75-$85.Which is the lowest cost of any other dvd drive emulators in the market today.I`v seen people pay other people about $20-$30 to flash their drive and then even more when they have to reflash it after a dashboard update.When you could just pay this small time fee and save more money and you will be satisfied.The x360 dock team gives their costumers bang for their buck.With a great customer service and great engineers,bringing more things everyday.Module 2 which will be out real soon will have a LCD touchscreen to navigate through your games.And you will not need a laptop just a external drive.For a overall rating ill give it a 9/10.
Installation Process
Disclaimer:Non of the pictures below belong to me and were taken by my dear friend Daniel.I was unable to take pictures but will release a video soon.

Requirements
•Xbox 360 (duh)
•x360 dock
•Xbox opening kit
•Laptop/pc
•Dvd drive, key.bin and inquiry.bin

Take the case off and remove the disk drive and its cables.
Flip the sata cable around and plug it back in (make sure you have it in same direction as picture) and plug the dvd power cable back in (mine looks weird because I have the 12v fan mod applied)

Plug the other end of the sata cable and power cable into the X360DOCK where it is labled “to motherboard” (make sure the sata cable is in the same direction as in the picture)

Next connect the sata and power cable that came with the X360DOCK to the disk drive (again you want the sata cable in same direction as picture)

Connect the other end of the sata cable to the sata port marked “to drive”,Then connect the other end of the power cable to the point marked “to drive”

Now gently place the disk drive back into the Xbox 360, tuck all of the cables in the back so the X360DOCK sits neatly on top as pictured

Next you need to grab the ribbon that cable that came with the X360DOCK and connect it to the port that labeled “usb” you need to push the ribbon in and pull down the black piece locking the ribbon cable into place

Then slide the ribbon cable through the top of the av port as pictured

Next grab the usb dongle and similarly as before push ribbon into the side and use something narrow (I used a flat head screwdriver pull down the black piece on the end locking the ribbon into the usb dongle

Finally plug the usb dongle into the back of the Xbox 360

x360 Dock software setup

Once downloaded extract to your desktop open the folder and follow the next steps:
Your folder should have all of these files in it besides key.bin and Inquiry.bin, You need to find that key.bin file you saved earlier and place it in this folder. Then make a copy of the key.bin file and name it Inquiry.bin (you will need both of these in here for the program to start)

Now you are ready to test out the X360DOCK! Its that easy!
Run the x360dock_v1.0.7 program and follow the steps below:
Click on the setting tab and select phat Xbox 360 or slim and save config

Next go ahead and power your Xbox 360 on and connect the usb cable to the usb dongle and your desktop\laptop. If not installed automatically, you will need to install the device drivers which are located in the X360DOCK software folder you downloaded earlier

Now under the X360DOCK software it should say connected:
Now just load up your iso and let the fun begin.[/CENTER]

This is an actively ongoing review, I reserve the right to change anything in it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo