07-18-2013, 01:23 PM #1
Dark Nero
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Cooling

Safe or unsafe to use with my Xbox?
You must login or register to view this content.

I have only just got the Xbox with this adapter attached to it. I'm assuming its been used constantly with the Xbox so I either continue using it or scrap it now. From some reviews its said it should not be used, causing RROD. Now from basic PC knowledge, this thing should be safe as its drawing out air, though it may be covering vents causing overheating, though its drawing air out, so a + and a - seem to even out. I'm a beginner with Xbox's coming from a Sony background so I'm unsure of what to do. Also my Xbox is a Jasper modal.

In this case from Sony side I'd have no fans connected due to us knowing Sony actually knew how to create a console and fanboy or not Xbox side knows Microsoft skipped a lot of RND to get the Xbox out. Fact. Not trying to start an argument just trying to justify using an extra fan so with the PS3 I understand its fine cooling wise and will only YLOD on you if its kept on for days on end.

Firmware

The Xbox that I have is also on 2.0.8955.0 Dashboard
From looking at wiki its 15 updates/dashboards away from being up to date
Should I update?

DVD Flashed

Currently the DVD is flashed and I have 150+ games on backup discs, going to assume I should not at all update this Xbox and leave it alone due to both Firmware/Flashed/Banage and stay offline with it and enjoy the games.

Thanks for any and all replys.
07-26-2013, 06:23 AM #2
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
Cooling - Yes that helps a lot!

Firmware - Yes!

DVD Flashed - I don't knpw it is really up to you man, I would though.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo