06-19-2008, 07:53 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This review is only based on my opinions and the experience with this game. I will gladly accept any constructive criticism, but any rude or nasty comments will be ignored.

Intro:

This has been one of THE most anticipated game of 2008. If you love blood and senseless killing with a good storyline and great online playing, you will LOVE this game. I personally have not gotten very far into the game because I'm busy exploring every part of Liberty City, based of NYC.

Story:

You play as a Russian character named Niko Bellic. His cousin, Roman Bellic, has inspired Niko to come to America for riches and a promise of a mansion. When Niko arrives by boat in some bay you begin your first "mission". Roman tells you to drive his car to his house. When you arrive there you find an old dirty apartment with 2 rooms! Roman convinces you that you two are on the way to becoming rich and popular. You try to help him escape loan sharks and many more exciting missions. You will get calls from him on your cell phone to go to a strip club or to pick him from somewhere. You can accept or Decline, it doesn't alter the ending much though.

You must login or register to view this content.
Statue of Happiness

Controls:

This game has one of the weirdest controls I have ever seen. R2 (PS3) to accelerate and L2 (PS3) to reverse and many more weird controls like holding X to run and tapping it to sprint. After a while you get used to these so its not that bad but sometimes I try to use O to brake but all it does is bring up a cinematic view (its a view in which it looks like you're watching a driving cut scene but you are still controlling the vehicle.)

Gameplay:

GTA IV has alot of great gameplay. At first the game feels a bit weird if you played the past GTA games but in a few missions you will be addicted to this game. This game allows the player to make choices in missions, like "Should I kill him? Or let him live" Your decisions will alter what will happen next but in the end you get almost the same outcome. GTA IV has many new features such as your cellphone,using the internet, the cover system(and blind fire) and much more. For the first time you can use the police cars for more then the siren. You can get into the police computer and track down criminals to make some extra money or just to check if you have made the "Most Wanted" list. In fire truck you can use the hose as a weapon which does no damage but it is always fun to hear the remarks made by the pedestrians. This game will have you playing the story mode over and over even after you beat it to answer "What if..." questions you had in the story mode before.

" Published and distributed by Liberty City Publishing Corp.

The information in this guide is checked and updated sporadically. It should be noted that the publishers cannot accept responsibility for anything bad that might occur with the use of this travel guide in Liberty City. If you get lost, you are on your own. Use of this book in Liberty City while on the street, on the subway or any public place is not recommended. You might get mugged, or even worse, look like a tourist."
[/FONT]

Online Multiplayer:

These days in action games and games that involve violence it is all about how good it is online. And I am very happy to say that GTA IV was a sucsses online. You have 15 modes which you can play with up to 16 people.

1. Deathmatch- Every man for himself, kill the other players. The one with the most money at the end of the match wins. 2-16 players

2. Team Deathmatch- Now you can work with your teammates to kill the rival players. 3-16 players

3. Hangman's NOOSE- The police have surrounded the Francis International Airport to kill Kenny Petrovic...Can you save him in time? 2-4 players

4. Mafiya Work- You are given a a contract hit, complete it before anyone else. 2-16 players

5. Team Mafiya Work- Same as Mafiya works, but teamwork is the key to success. 2-16 players

6. Cops N Crooks- Take turns playing as COP and CROOK. Crooks defend your boss, Cops take down the boss. 4-16 players

7. Race- Race others passing through checkpoints in order. 2-16 players

8. GTA Race- Beat your opponents, but this time you can use weapons. 2-16 players

9. Car Jack City- Steal cars that are assigned and earn money. 4-16 players

10. Bomb da Base- **Haven't played yet**

11. Bomb da Base II- A enemy export ship is sitting in the docks and being loaded. You have to steal the explosives, get on the ship and plant 2 bombs. One on the bridge and one on the hold. After doing so evacuate the ship! 2-4 players

12. Turf War- Work with your teammates to take over the turfs in Liberty City. 4-16 players

13. Deal Breaker- A major deal is taking place Your objective is to get to the location where the deal will take place get a hold of the merchandise and get out of there, remember kill all witnesses. 2-4 players

14. Free Mode- Just hang around and chill. No pressure to kill or anything if only the other players were nice not to kill you when they see you. 2-16 players

15. Team Car Jack City- Work together to steal cars and earn money. 2-8 players

Overall Score:

8.0/10

This game is not perfect, but it is close to it. It deserves the 9.5 it just got.

UPDATE: This review was made when I first got the game. A few weeks into gameplay you might be addicted, eventually it will get boring even the multiplayer. I have updated the overall score it used to be 9.5/10

For the type of matches I haven't played: They will be updated as soon as I do
Last edited by George ; 10-11-2008 at 12:23 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to George for this useful post:

HoLySniPeR-, iamtheman
06-19-2008, 08:41 PM #2
Nice review man you should really work for IGN they might hire you.
06-19-2008, 11:02 PM #3
Haha thanks Infamouz, might be good but I doubt it's anywhere near what the writers of IGN reviews can do.
06-19-2008, 11:13 PM #4
Default Avatar
Wuggy
This is a most amazing review, I'm inspired to join that site so I can read the rest!

Wow, that's awesome lol. If only I could write reviews like this!
Last edited by Lordafi ; 01-23-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Double posting.
06-20-2008, 02:15 AM #5
iamtheman
is just the man!
This ios a great review. Good info. I think this one is pretty organized welly also. Keep it up.
06-20-2008, 11:37 AM #6
See Rip,with a little hard work you can do anything,maybe in a few years,but whats good about IGN staff they get games either earlier or free.
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM #7
Review updated: 6/23/08 7:02 PM EST
06-29-2008, 08:14 PM #8
Default Avatar
Wuggy
why is this one more updated than the one at your site
06-30-2008, 01:54 PM #9
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
Originally posted by Wuggy
Wow, that's awesome lol. If only I could write reviews like this!

You already posted on this thread, you are spamming now.

-Oc

good job on the review, i'm waiting for more reviews now!
10-08-2008, 11:26 PM #10
Review updated: 10/8/08 7:24 pm EST

I'm trading the game back in so just played all multiplayer modes to finish this review. Be alert for my Call of Duty: World at War review

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo