(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
How to Repair the Xbox 360 Wireless Mic

Requirements:
• Broken Xbox 360 Wireless Mic
• Soldering Iron
• Non-Lead Based Solder
• Flat-head Screwdriver
• Battery Charger
• Electrical Wires (Can be gotten from anything that uses a battery as it's power source; wall clock etc...)

Tutorial:

Step 1: (Removing Screws)
You will have to remove the two screws on both sides of you mic. If you don’t remove both you Mic will break.

You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2: (Opening Your Mic)
Look at the back of your Mic where you plug the Charging Cable in, jam a screw driver (Flat Knife its even better) in between the gap and force it open. After this is completed, it should look something like this (I have already removed my battery).

You must login or register to view this content.

Step 3: (Locating & Removing Battery)
The battery is located directly in the middle of the Mic (Cube Shaped). Slowly lift it off the body of the Mic, it's glued and wired to it so do it very slowly.

Step 4: (Remove Battery Tape & Wires)
Simply remove the tape from the top of the battery. Get out your soldering iron and heat up the solder keeping the wires on the batter so that you can remove the wires without cutting the wires.

Step 5: (Soldering)
Solder the new wires on the battery. If you are unsure of how to approach this, please ask a parent for assistance. Note: On the side of the battery it will tell you the charges. (Right = -) (Left = +)

Step 6: (Testing Battery)
Now plug in the battery charger and as you should know the Red Wire (Positively Charged) goes on the top of the charger and Black Wire (Negatively Charged) goes on the bottom. Tape the black end to the bottom of the charger and slowly move the red across the top.
Warning: If you tape both ends on it won’t charge at all.
Note: If the Battery starts to get hot, remove it from the charger and continue later (When the Battery has cooled down).

Step 7: (Battery Charge Test)
Test if your battery charged by puting both the Red and Black wires on you tongue. If you will get a very little shock, you are almost done, if not, retry the above.

[B]Step 8:[/B] (Remove Wires & Heat Up Battery)
Remove the wires/tape from the battery by heating the Solder. Important: Now, using the Flathead Screw Driver, put it across the 2 Terminals, this will start heating up the Battery very fast so don’t do it too long or it will explode.

Step 9: (Conclusion)
After you have let the battery cool down solder the Red and Black Wires to where the should be, close your Mic and it should be working.

And you're done!

FAQ's

Q: I'm having trouble opening it I'm scared I'll break something.
A: well these went built for repairs and were glued shut so just slowly break the seal.

Q: My battery won't charge I've followed the tut to the letter.
A: unfortually ur battery is dead go on eBay and find a replacement

Q: What type of battery should I buy I can't find an exact one
A: get a battery that's slightly weaker as stronger batteries will produsce to much current for the mobo and will make an annoying buzzing sound for others.

Q: People are complaining about a buzzing sound but I can't hear anything
A: you won't hear anything but as your headset starts to heat up and lose power it should calm down
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM #2
x-FuRY-x
< ^ > < ^ >
Great thread, thank you for the tutorial mate, now, you know how to fix turtle beach X1's? Broke my brothers :p
02-17-2011, 11:28 PM #3
Sorry, I've never had X1's. I've only ever had PX21 and they never broke Happy
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM #4
and how will it now work
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM #5
Originally posted by This
and how will it now work

what you mean?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo