05-15-2013, 04:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Microsoft will abandon its Points based currency in favour of a real world money system, a new report has confirmed.

Tech website the Verge claims that "sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans have revealed plans to replace Points with a new gift card system". It is said that the new system will likely be revealed at E3, or sooner at the official Next Xbox event.

In response, Microsoft has stated that "it's clear its points system is in the early stages of being phased out fully in favour of a local currency one". CVG has contacted Microsoft for further clarification.
However, the company said the Xbox 360 will not likely use any system beyond Microsoft Points, meaning there could be some price comparison issues for future releases, depending on how long Microsoft will support its 360 system for.

The new gift cards are said will work in a manner similar to Apple's iTunes vouchers, which will allow Xbox customers to acquire real-world currency. Cash transactions via credit and debit cards are also expected. It is also said that the new system will work across a whole suite of software from Windows Store to Windows Phone, as Microsoft prepares to better integrate its PC and device services.

In October, Microsoft revealed it was phasing out MS Points for its Windows 8 service.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
05-15-2013, 05:23 PM #2
TheQuagmire
Bounty hunter
Kinda old news since this was posted back in October, and its almost June 2013 broski.
05-15-2013, 08:09 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by TheQuagmire View Post
Kinda old news since this was posted back in October, and its almost June 2013 broski.

Rumour been around a year or two but nothing. This first time we seen any cards also May 15, 2013 it a updated version of the rumour.
07-01-2013, 06:14 PM #4
Well that sucks dick. I have over 12K MSP on my account right now. Better get to buying some stuff off of the marketplace!
07-11-2013, 04:51 PM #5
Originally posted by Speakes View Post
Well that sucks dick. I have over 12K MSP on my account right now. Better get to buying some stuff off of the marketplace!

I have the Beta and had points on my account, YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR POINTS.... It will give you the closest dollar amount ( Or you national moneys ) rounded up. This money you use to buy stuff, in place of seeing how many points it cost and how many points you have. You get the amount it cost and amount you have, you can still use points cards it will give you the monetary amount in place of the points ( 800 pts, 10$ ). I repeat YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR POINTS, you will just get the moneys Lebowski, with out the loss of your johnson, or your girlfriends toe.
07-11-2013, 04:52 PM #6
Double post sry MODs Del me plz
Last edited by Major1011 ; 07-11-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Double cheese Bugger
07-23-2013, 10:24 PM #7
Khemz
Roll Safe
I didn't know that.
07-30-2013, 05:53 PM #8
AA3
Do a barrel roll!
I didn't know that x2
07-31-2013, 05:25 PM #9
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by AA3 View Post
I didn't know that x2

Beta testing stores without points for a couple of weeks now.
Also talked about it at E3 saying they wanted to drop it for the xbox one and 360.
07-31-2013, 09:08 PM #10
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Well, as long as the points from the previous XBL account transfer over then I would not see why this is a bad thing. However I do find it has a waste of time.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo