09-14-2013, 02:00 PM #1
Infamous.
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey, I have an issue with my disk tray and have had this error for a while now hoping it would solve itself, but I'm sick of it and am resorting to the infinite expertise of NGU!

Sometimes this loop continues for like 20 mins, sometimes it works first time. It's ridiculous.

Any help is appreciated Smile
09-14-2013, 03:50 PM #2
Maggie Simpson
You talkin to me?
Your disk tray reader can possibly be broken... my Xbox had the same problem when I switched to ps3. I was searching around and most people were saying is costs 120$ to fix it.
09-14-2013, 04:09 PM #3
Groovy
Team Xbox
Originally posted by Infamous. View Post
Hey, I have an issue with my disk tray and have had this error for a while now hoping it would solve itself, but I'm sick of it and am resorting to the infinite expertise of NGU!

Sometimes this loop continues for like 20 mins, sometimes it works first time. It's ridiculous.

Any help is appreciated Smile

I used to have this issue with my original Xbox. One quick fix I found was to buy a "disc laser cleaner" (something like You must login or register to view this content.) and run that a couple of times to clean your laser and DVD drive.

It wont fix the issue, but it may help speed up disc read times for a couple of weeks / months. Eventually you will need to buy a new Xbox or replace the DVD drive.

The following user thanked Groovy for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
09-14-2013, 07:58 PM #4
Infamous.
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Groovy
I used to have this issue with my original Xbox. One quick fix I found was to buy a "disc laser cleaner" (something like You must login or register to view this content.) and run that a couple of times to clean your laser and DVD drive.

It wont fix the issue, but it may help speed up disc read times for a couple of weeks / months. Eventually you will need to buy a new Xbox or replace the DVD drive.

Great :'( thanks man Smile
09-15-2013, 04:42 AM #5
oG GUNN3R
--------
Great :'( thanks man Smile

Looks like the open tray error that happens on the original 360's, I fixed mine by replacing the dvd drive.
09-15-2013, 10:38 AM #6
Infamous.
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by oG
Looks like the open tray error that happens on the original 360's, I fixed mine by replacing the dvd drive.

My Xbox isn't even a year old yet :/ can I get it repaired free under warranty?
09-15-2013, 11:21 AM #7
oG GUNN3R
--------

I think so, look on their website and see.

You must login or register to view this content.
09-15-2013, 11:22 AM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?

Yep Smile
You can get it repaired after that using a couple different laws but requires a bit more work.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo