05-22-2013, 07:38 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); [h=4]Not quite "always on" but you won't be able to take it away on a camping trip.[/h]
Whilst Microsoft’s You must login or register to view this content. states that the Xbox “does not have to be always connected” it has emerged this evening that a daily connection is required.

“We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready,” claims Microsoft.

“We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection,” continues the press release.

Kotaku grabbed Microsoft’s Phil Harrison to explain.

“For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down,” said Harrison.

“If I’m playing a single player game,” asks the site’s Stephen Totilo, “do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?”

“I believe it’s 24 hours,” came the reply.

That – to us – means that unless your Xbox One can make at least one connection to the internet each day, it won’t be able to play games at all.

Whilst that might not be that stringent a check, imagine you’re not able to connect up your console at all. University halls, holidays, when you’re moving house and don’t have the internet, etc.

You must login or register to view this content.
05-22-2013, 08:18 AM #2
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
This is bullshit, I really hope Sony don't let us down now because I've lost all hope in this Xbox One.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo