05-28-2013, 09:59 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One will be region-locked, meaning you can’t buy games internationally and expect them to work on your UK bought console and vise versa in other regions.

"Similar to the movie and music industry, games must meet country-specific regulatory guidelines before they are cleared for sale," a Microsoft representative told Digital Spy.

"We will continue to work with our partners to follow these guidelines with Xbox One."

Sony seems to be the only hardware manufacturer which leaves this decision up to the publishers, rather than region locking the console from the off.
05-28-2013, 12:02 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Had a feeling that would happen, now does that mean the PS4 going to follow.
06-05-2013, 05:37 PM #3
First2Fight
Do a barrel roll!
No real surprise here, as Microsoft is greedy and wants to suck you for every penny they can. Here's to hoping that the PS4 does not follow suit here.
06-05-2013, 05:51 PM #4
xLew--
Former Staff
[Deleted Post]
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM #5
:HIGH:
You talkin to me?
wow xbox sucks

The following user thanked :HIGH: for this useful post:

User23434
06-08-2013, 11:00 PM #6
SectorHydra
Do a barrel roll!
Wot the stare
06-09-2013, 09:33 AM #7
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xLew
Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One will be region-locked, meaning you can’t buy games internationally and expect them to work on your UK bought console and vise versa in other regions.

"Similar to the movie and music industry, games must meet country-specific regulatory guidelines before they are cleared for sale," a Microsoft representative told Digital Spy.

"We will continue to work with our partners to follow these guidelines with Xbox One."

Sony seems to be the only hardware manufacturer which leaves this decision up to the publishers, rather than region locking the console from the off.

another reason to switch to PC gaming
06-09-2013, 11:51 AM #8
PS4 is going to win big time.
06-09-2013, 12:31 PM #9
Richard.
Won't be active..
I honestly think they're just digging themselves a deeper hole.

You never know though PS4 could do the same.
06-09-2013, 10:03 PM #10
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Rich. View Post
I honestly think they're just digging themselves a deeper hole.

You never know though PS4 could do the same.

could i hope not, it'd be wise not to and just keep it like the ps3, i feel for xbox users though its like theyre stuck on a sinking ship

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo