06-03-2013, 05:03 PM #1
socia
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); a lot of people are talking about the issue of what XboxOne is essentially bringing to the household, specifically referring to kinect having to be connected to XO for the console to even work. as we all know laptop cameras can be remotely turned on, and the possibility of kenict always connected would also have this capability if the right hackers targeted it. even if it is not hacked by an outside person there is a possibility that it can be activated from with in MS, the world is ever changing and security is at an all time high around the world, cameras are everywhere and soon they possibly will be in our homes.

now you can go ahead and say im being a little paranoid but government agencies get access to skype, emails, facebook, cell phones etc all the time, just because people type or search a selected word from a government NO-NO list. i think of the possibilities of what is said all the time in private homes and i am sure we all talk some mad shit knowing no one is listening lol, and would kinect be able to pick out certain words we used to send to databases for further analysis. im just curious if this effects anyone's decision on the new XboxOne or if anyone even cares.

if anyone is interested in reading an article about the transparency report from Microsoft about user data and law enforcement agency's here is the link:
You must login or register to view this content.

if you feel the need too bash this thread please at least explain what makes you feel the way you do.
remember i am simply asking if this would effect your decision in buying the new XboxOne, comment and post your thoughts. i would love to hear peoples view on this.
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM #2
boss10000
Like A.....
I can already predict E3

Microsoft: We have decided to change the name from Kinect to HAL 9000.
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Curious to see what data it collects.
Won't put me off buying one in the end just the games that matters.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

HomelandSec, socia
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM #4
HomelandSec
League Champion
Yeah I'm worried that my three little sisters are being watched by someone who can remotely access their device when they are playing Kinect games.
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by HomelandSec View Post
Yeah I'm worried that my three little sisters are being watched by someone who can remotely access their device when they are playing Kinect games.

I doubt that going to happen.
No nation in the world is going to let that happen.
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM #6
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
I doubt that going to happen.
No nation in the world is going to let that happen.

im not saying they will let hackers get away with this kind of crime. but it does happen. and now the law has changed in the US about collecting private data from sites like Facebook and twitter etc... also look what Harriton High School did back in 2010 with their lap tops: You must login or register to view this content.
the only reason they stopped was they got caught red handed.
now we all know the world is not perfect and crimes happen all the time that don't even get reported, how many computers have been hacked and snooped around in? im just saying the possibility is there when you have an internet connection connected to a camera and mic.
06-03-2013, 10:47 PM #7
-Skyline
Anonymous
I don't get it when people say "the kinect won't put me off buying an Xbox One, I only care about that games"

Well why not just get a PS4, so you'd miss out on Halo and Forza but with equally good, if not better, alternatives on the PS4 and knowing you don't have to worry about all the bullshit with Kinect and having to keep a constant connection every 24 hours...

The following user thanked -Skyline for this useful post:

Cyberix

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo