06-10-2013, 07:09 PM #1
gandaulf8
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, today microsoft confirmed the prices for the new xbox one which will be released in November. As soon as I saw the prices I knew something was wrong, they listed: $499/€499/£429
As you can see the american version costs $499 whereas the British version costs £429. When you convert $499 into British Sterling you see that the American version is actually a lot cheaper. AMERICAN VERSION IN POUNDS = £320.8 BRITISH VERSION IN POUNDS = £429. If you are a British buyer you are paying up to £109 more. Also people living in European countries that use the euro will still be paying a lot more than the USA but only a little less than British users.
What do you guys think?
SOURCE: You must login or register to view this content.
06-10-2013, 08:16 PM #2
TheCrimsonEcho
Bounty hunter
There must of been some trauma beforehand for them to raise the price like that.
06-10-2013, 08:47 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by gandaulf8 View Post
Hey guys, today microsoft confirmed the prices for the new xbox one which will be released in November. As soon as I saw the prices I knew something was wrong, they listed: $499/€499/£429
As you can see the american version costs $499 whereas the British version costs £429. When you convert $499 into British Sterling you see that the American version is actually a lot cheaper. AMERICAN VERSION IN POUNDS = £320.8 BRITISH VERSION IN POUNDS = £429. If you are a British buyer you are paying up to £109 more. Also people living in European countries that use the euro will still be paying a lot more than the USA but only a little less than British users.
What do you guys think?

VAT
UK is richer
Higher cost of living
Exchange rate not stable
Compare overall rates vs UK you're see it not too bad.

People need some common sense.

The following 3 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Hitman, Sheldon Cooper, Toke
06-11-2013, 10:53 PM #4
^ what he said
06-11-2013, 10:59 PM #5
^ what he said
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM #6
It does not matter. Only a fool would buy this console anyway... The price is not that bad too! I would be prepared to pay up to 599british sterling for a new gen console.
Originally posted by gandaulf8 View Post
Hey guys, today microsoft confirmed the prices for the new xbox one which will be released in November. As soon as I saw the prices I knew something was wrong, they listed: $499/€499/£429
What do you guys think?
06-19-2013, 01:09 PM #7
gandaulf8
Little One
I know guys, at first I uploaded this as a comparison but you have to take economics into account. Also it is around 68 hours of work on average pay for both countries to be able to afford the console
06-21-2013, 01:31 AM #8
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
The PS4 is the same as this! I actually asked Microsoft support about the price and they claim it is taxes, and vat differences etc. so what can you expect, another option is importing the console from US but you will probably pay the same in the long run and still get it later than UK!
06-22-2013, 05:05 PM #9
Tezzsun
Do a barrel roll!
Buy it online and ship it to where you live... easy enough?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo