06-14-2013, 10:04 AM #1
Jake
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For this this thread I've got to give credit to reddit, but they bring up an interesting point..

What if someone in a party chat says 'Xbox Off', will everyone's Xbox's in the party be automatically switched off? Someone tweeted this to Microsoft and they said it hasn't been explored yet but you can disable kinect voice commands (which is a non-answer really, that's basically saying the feature should just be disabled).

Someone else in the post remarked that it might be an interesting selling point for parents.. 'When are you going to turn that Xbox Off? .. Mom I hadn't saved the game!'

I guess there needs to be some sort of confirm screen, like 'Xbox Off.. Yes', but that makes it a little less cool :p.

What'd you think?

The following user thanked Jake for this useful post:

Soldier.
06-14-2013, 10:13 AM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Facial recognition along with scanning the room for who holding the controller. Saves your face , your voice so only you can turn it off and on. Not sure how good the system is going to be voice recognition is spotty at best.
06-14-2013, 10:15 AM #3
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by Jake View Post
For this this thread I've got to give credit to reddit, but they bring up an interesting point..

What if someone in a party chat says 'Xbox Off', will everyone's Xbox's in the party be automatically switched off? Someone tweeted this to Microsoft and they said it hasn't been explored yet but you can disable kinect voice commands (which is a non-answer really, that's basically saying the feature should just be disabled).

Someone else in the post remarked that it might be an interesting selling point for parents.. 'When are you going to turn that Xbox Off? .. Mom I hadn't saved the game!'

I guess there needs to be some sort of confirm screen, like 'Xbox Off.. Yes', but that makes it a little less cool :p.

What'd you think?

I was just about to troll, but I just thought... would your console even hear someone else say it though if you're talking on headsets? It would be funny though walking into someone's room and switching theirs off lol

I laughed at "they said it hasn't been explored yet"... c'mon now, all angles and possibilities should be tested out.
06-14-2013, 04:41 PM #4
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by Jake View Post
What'd you think?

didnt they say the camera knows if your looking at it and recognizes if your the one talking to it? also im assuming.... just assuming that since it recognizes who says Xbox on and brings up said persons profile wouldn't it also recognize the persons voice also?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo